Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our Dad

Speaking of good men. My brother Justin, Natalie, Ashley and I were lucky enough to grow up with this guy as our Dad. Before I go any further I have to confess the reason my Dad's Father's Day card from the girls and I will be late is because I didn't get it to the post office. I am lame sometimes, please don't let this be a reflection on my upbringing. :)

One thing that I think happens to most people who have children is that at some point, maybe the night you are up all night rocking and worrying over a sick baby, or maybe just those quiet moments together snuggling up your newborn, completely in awe of them- you will have the realization that your mom and dad did these exact same things for you and what's more, they felt about their baby just like you do about yours. They absolutely were in love with their little bundle, they loved me as much as I love my baby. When I first had this realization I just sat there completely overwhelmed with the sudden understanding and knowledge of how much my mother and my father loved and cared for me.
But you don't have to be a parent to appreciate your own. These 3 ^ knuckleheads pretty much adored their Dad... At least until 13 ish when we discovered we actually knew everything and went on a sabbatical of sanity and didn't return until we were... much older. We are grateful he has loved us through it all. And of course Justin and Dad have been practically inseparable since those fateful words, "it's a boy!" and, as I imagine it, my dad let out a huge sigh of relief.
Anyway, we love you Dad! xoxo Natalie, Erin, Ashley, & Justin

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

So perfectly said

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Erin! As usual...I don't know where you get your photos from. looking forward to seeing you all soon! Love , Dad.......

Anonymous said...

This a beautiful tribute to your father and to all parents who love and care for their children. Thank you for putting int words what so many of us feel.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting into words what so many of us feel. This is a beautiful tribute to your father and to all parents who love and care for their children.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Notice how dad, comments about where the pictures came from! hahahaha


-Justin

lllllll