Sunday, June 20, 2010

To Our Superman

This Father's Day Nathan is working in Taipei and the children and I are in Boise. That means that we are apart and Nathan will spend his day uninterrupted by well meaning children, he will attend church where he will actually get to listen, and since he is on his own there is really nothing keeping him from getting a nap.... wait a sec. Those are all the things I want for Mother's day! Well, though it isn't my first choice for Nathan I hope it will be all right till next week.
As I considered what to write about Nathan I thought of all of the many, many, MANY things he does for our family and at first I thought if I wrote things like, "he plays with his children", "he does the dishes", "he tries to teach his children right from wrong" etc.- that it'd be gag worthy because all Dad's are this way. But you know what? You know what I've realized? Not all dad's are this way. Not all dad's care if they play with their children, help out around the house and take the time and effort to try and teach their children right from wrong. In fact anymore I'd say it's becoming more rare to find men like that. So it does need to be said. We are blessed to have many awesome BILs, FILs and Dad's in our lives who have been amazing examples of all that a father can and should be. But make no mistake about it, if you have a good man as a father in your life, you are lucky. We feel we are Four-Leaf-Clover-kinda lucky with Nathan.
Happy Father's Day Nathan!!! We love you! Buhboo! xoxo ej, Kennedy, Kohen, Aly, & Ander

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! You guys are the best... see you in less than a week.

Love,
Dad

Big R said...

Happy Father's Day Nathan!

Rosemary said...

Happy Father's Day Nathan. Excited to see you all!

Kay said...

Happy Fathers Day Nathan. You are a great dad! By the way, was that you in a why 1/2 catalog? Now you can add male model to your resume.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha - Good catch Kay. Yes, Erin and I did one cheesy shoot with the kids for Why and 1/2. Then ironically Joyyeeee asked us as well. Fun experience, but dont expect a career change any time soon :) Nathan

Carina said...

Hey. I'm sure you don't remember me, but we met in VA before the Bell's moved to Denver. We're living in Zimbabwe now and love watching you from time to time experiencing crazy things in Asia. So here's my question: how did you brave the trip back home to Boise? Did you do it on your own?! I'd love to know your trick!

Jessie said...

Nathan is the best! He does the dishes??? Lucky girl! And isn't it funny that the one thing mom's want on mother's day is the day off from being a mom and I think with dad's it's the opposite....Hope your having a blast in Boise Erin!

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

lllllll