I know that I am occasionally prone to exaggerations. But this new development needs none and it's still pretty impressive.
True Story: Last week Aly wouldn't even jump to Nathan in the pool. We've only gone swimming a few times this season but Nathan and I both thought it was going to take some persuading to get Aly to even put her head under. Monday, on her own she started jumping off the bottom step, bouncing off the bottom and coming up for air acting half drowned. I tried to get her to just play on the steps because she was worrying me. She refused. The following videos are from Tuesday.
Did ya catch that little "1,2,3!" in Chinese as she jumped in the water? Oh, and how she JUMPED IN THE WATER! And swam to the side like no big thing. I couldn't believe it. I still can't. It was literally overnight and she figured out how to swim on her own. I guess she wasn't kidding when she said she was going to be a mermaid.



9 comments:
That is AMAZING!!!
I think I would freak out if Hailey just jumped in on her own (of course, I can't swim). Natural talent maybe? Wouldn't that be a great story to tell when she's in the Olympics?
Oh my gosh. That is seriously amazing! AMAZING!!! She is full on swimming! With her head under. Umm yah. That is so cool. Future Olympian maybe? Very proud to say I know her. :)
Go Aly!!!! Awesome Chinese and awesome swimming! (I like how Kenna is really worried that she will get a treat and she won't)
very,very impressed! what a cutie!
Aly cat is so fearless! we can't wait to see you guys soon!
She is getting soooooo big Erin! Did you make it to Idaho?
Awesome. She is adorable and determined, to have figured that out on her own and so quick! WAY TO GO ALY!
Wow Aly! Our Alli was doing the same thing (being scared, thinking she would drowned if the water touched her face) and finally got over it this summer. However, her jumps were NOTHING like those impressive jumps done by your Aly. Well done for a 3 year old!
Post a Comment