Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aly's 4th Birthday

Aly was so excited the morning of her 4th Birthday. I've decided 4th birthdays are my favorite, they are beyond thrilled about everything and appreciate it all.
We've had a count down until we could go see Toy Story 3 so of course Aly's B-day was Toy Story themed. We met all but a couple cousins, Aunt/Uncles, Gparents to see the show and Aly just knew they were all there for her, Woody and Buzz? pshaw.
After the movie we all went over to Nathan's parents house for treats and swimming.
As I watched the little trail of smoke fly away from the extinguished candle, I couldn't help but think about how with that one puff of breath my little Aly officially left her toddler hood behind. I thought of that aaand how she probably wished for everyone to find her "Knock-knock-whose-there-EYEBALL!" joke to be hilarious.
XOXOSwack!XOXO

2 comments:

Kay said...

OH we just love sweet Aly and miss her and the rest of your bunch. So good to hear that she had a great birthday. Lizzy's was so much fun too. We would love to chat before you head home if you get a chance. call us!

Heather said...

Growing up is BRUTAL. For the mom at least. Your little candle statement had me seriously misty eyed... some days you want them to grow up, then they do and its the saddest thing. But will offer my congrats-to Aly at least:)

lllllll