My sister Ashley and her husband Shayn were the first to generously welcome us into their home. Considering they only have one son- a cat named Kiefer, as it were- it must've been quite a shock to absorb all of us for 3 weeks. Picture a perfectly decorated, un-childproofed, pristine home, and let your imagination wander as to what 4 kids could do. Especially when the kid's personal jungle gym aka: Uncle Shayn, went out of town on business...
The babe with my babe
Ashley spent a lot of time helping me shop, and believe me, I needed it. Not to mention the queen of accessories was constantly catching me on my way out the door telling me, "oh! I've got earrings that will match that!" or "I've got the perfect bracelet for that!" It was like playing dress up everyday and I loved it.
After Shayn left Kennedy, Kohen and Aly migrated back to the trees to do their climbing, and one morning I found they had all but moved in, a tribute to the Sound of Music perhaps?
Notice Kohen's monkey tail from his Gma Bonnie...The first 3 weeks we were without Nathan so I tried my hardest to get the shopping done. I have to thank all of my SIL's, Trevi, Kysa, Tara, Amber and my nieces Maddie and Emilee who all bent over backwards taking care of my children so I could scramble all over town trying to outfit a family of 6 for a year. I was grateful that my children got to hang out with their cousins and Aunts, having a blast. A heart felt thanks.
Another fun first was Kennedy, along with her BFF/cousin, Laynie, both had their very first sleepover* at Gma Bonnie's house. I am not sure if ecstatic even covers their mutual excitement. They got to swim and do projects and play to their hearts content. A first sleepover is a memorable event in a girls life after all. Or maybe not. I just know I still remember mine, and I hope they will always remember theirs too.
* I have to mention that we have a family rule of no sleepovers. There may be a few exceptions involving a favorite cousin and gma's house- should any child of mine try to use this post against me at a future date as leverage for an unauthorized sleepover, please note: Your parents reserve the right to refuse sleepovers with anyone at anytime. That is all.



6 comments:
Looks like a fun trip.....although I was kind of hoping to see the kids dressed in curtains climbing the trees. ;)
I love water fights! Since we've been here we've really enjoyed the beauty of having neighborhood friends where the kids have been able to run out and play.
And I really like your side note at the end - you crack me up!
I can't believe you are already gone again! Looking back makes me sad. Laynie is blubbering as I write. We are a of the chosen few though that gets to come see you in 3 short months. We have made a paper chain to help with the count down!
Oh how fun Erin...must be hard to leave your cute sisters and family! And Happy Birthday to Aly! I love 4 too!
Oh how fun Erin...must be hard to leave your cute sisters and family! And Happy Birthday to Aly! I love 4 too!
I see so much of Mom in Ash here... There is a possibility they could be related! ha!
-Justin
Post a Comment