Ander was in the carrier on Nathan's back and quite enjoyed his ride. The rest of us made our way walking down the mountain we live on. There are several parts that are very steep (some taxis refuse to even go up... wimps) so we took our time going down carefully.
It actually only ended up taking us about 15-20 minutes to get all the way to our breakfast destination which ain't bad at all.
It's kinda fun to walk through a jungle to get to breakfast.
This is a typical local "restaurant" in Tianmu. Very open air and everything is made right there.My new favorite -thanks to Nicole- is Zaobing Jia Dan. It is egg with green onions in a sesame seed pastry-ish thing.
Actually, all the girls really like it. Yum.
Ander enjoyed some fresh soy milk, as told by the white rivulets of milk running down his chin.
Kohen and Nathan both really like this scary looking fried food called Huotui Dan Bing. Not my personal fave. But the boys put it away.
On our way out this gma was on the corner selling some fresh vegetables and was chattering in Chinese about Ander and how you can tell who the dad is etc. We actually hear the part about "Baba" quite a lot, paternity is obvious to most. Anyway, when she clapped her hands twice and then laid them open like a book (evidently the international sign for "come here baby!") to my surprise Ander leaned out to her and let her hold him for a minute. Nathan grabbed the camera and I could have kissed him for having my proverbial 'Blogging Back'. The picture makes me happy.
Come visit and we shall go get some breakfast- any takers?






11 comments:
What fun! Oh the memories!
That is the kind of stuff the kiddos seem to remember the most. Glad the weather is becoming so nice:)
We are looking forward to breakfast on the streets with you!
Bonnie
How fun to walk through a jungle to get to breakfast! How neat!! I want to come visit and do that!! :)
I so wish we could come join you for breakfast. I miss it along with the fresh squeezed orange juice!
Oh YAY!! I'm so happy you are making this a Saturday tradition! This was one of my favorite things to do on Saturday morn. (and I say WAS b/c we can't seem to find a good bfast place here. we had nasty toast that wasn't really toast, bland eggs and imitation ham last week. not quite the same as our delish Taiwan bfast place.) It also makes me so happy that your bfast item of choice is the same. Yum. Can you bring one over in Nov.? I can't find it here. :(
I love seeing those pictures and knowing right where all that stuff is! Do they still have that "trash" chair at the veggie stand?
Ashley, they have the broken pink night stand still just on it's side up in the stand. Kind of feel bad for encouraging the cluttering of their stand :)
Nicole- I'm on it!
I am a taker! I can't wait!
How cute is that Grandma! Also, for the first time, your food picture made me a little hungry. :)
Yum! That food looks delish! Where did Ander get his cute nose? I love it!
Post a Comment