...Lemonade stand. Why? Well, for starters, I'm pretty sure your mom didn't live in Taiwan. Kohen and the girls have been nagging us for months to let them do a "lemonade stand" out front. We live on a ginormous hill and people walk the hill all day long for exercise, especially on mornings and weekends. Lot's of pedestrian traffic. So after me pushing it off on "Dad", I was surprised to come down stairs on Saturday morning to find the operation in full swing.
There was also the language barrier. But they got by. When Kohen came inside proudly holding someone's 100NT bill, Kennedy was outside realizing she needed to give the guy change. So they managed and figured things out.
I am pretty sure we were running an illegal operation anyway. I am not positive what the rules are but I do know my kids don't have say, work visas, so I hoped that the 3 root beers they sold over 3 hours wouldn't be grounds for imprisonment.
They had a little luck out of the gate but then things slowed down as the morning wore on (they kinda had a late start) and what do ya know, one of the cans fell so many times on the ground it sprung a leak, so they did what any good sales person would do, and they shared that spraying, leaking can of soda.
I think we will try again soon with a little more preparation. Perhaps I will actually brush their hair, they may even wear clean clothes. And maybe we can find something better than soda to offer people after their arduous walk up our hill. Though rootbeer is a rare treat here. I fear part of the problem is that few people bring money with them. But we shall see.
In the end we don't even know if "Lemonade Stands" are something children do here. More likely they just work at their parents vegetable stand for real all day. So we are trying to figure out the market. And no matter how much Asians would like it, we are not offering the gross tea drinks with big floating jelly globs in them. Sorry to disappoint.



11 comments:
really funny reading your comments! Ya almost have to have been there to know why something like a lemon aid stand might not work. Great memories for them though! Love ya Tara
That last picture had me full on cracking up. I can just picture three little kids running around begging people to buy their drinks. I wonder what people coming up your hill were thinking when they saw it. Too funny.
Don't brush their hair or put clean clothes on- they might make a butt load cause everyone will think they're supporting the little poor kids ;)
And holy moly cutest family picture in the world on your header! :)
hilarious. The root beer especially.
I would totally buy soda from them!
Oh wow that is so hilarious I was laughing out loud numerous times. So awesome. I love it so much. I did lemonade stands as well as many, many other money making ventures when I was a kid, so I say good for them and keep it up!! Maybe you need to get an orange squeezing machine; I'm sure people will buy some fresh squeezed OJ. But it would be even better if it had the globs of glutinous rice or flower seeds in it. :) I wish Cody was there to write a sign in Chinese for them, but I'm sure you will manage to find someone. Love you and your kids so much!!!
How adorable seeing those Jensen entrepreneuer's! They look so adorable behind their little stand waiting and begging for business. I think for sure this summer we should do a stand together with our kids!! It would be fun! We could make treats and crafts and have Tara with her snow cone maker and just go crazy with it!!! Love you and the kids! kj
YOu are so entertaining, Erin. If you wrote a gossip column I would read it.
Ever since I have started reading your blog, I thought you would be a natural at a gossip column or comedy writing of some sort. You have a way with words. And your family is so cute, they give you lots of insiration to work with!
Love your new blog picture!
I would totally buy soda or drinks from those little foreign kids and I wouldn't even want the change back. I agree with Jana, don't comb their hair or wash their faces or even brush their teeth, they are sure to get some sympathy buyers. Maybe only wear one shoe just for the added touch, all kidding aside they are darling kids and we miss seeing them and you. Love Aunt Cindy
This lemonade stand looks completely successful to me! I was the kid who tried to sell things like "tap water" and "leaves" (you know--the dead ones that have fallen from trees). Your kids product is way better. Have you seen Ramona and Beezus? Your kids running after people trying to sell them lemonade reminds me of Ramona trying to get people to volunteer for a carwash. Cutest kids ever!
Post a Comment