My sister Natalie is a funny, funny girl. Not a coincidence then that she gives funny gifts. She is the responsible party behind the Handerpants, and she hit it out of the park this Christmas with my kids. Remember Wooly Willie from back in the day where you would put magnetic hair shavings on his face and head?
Well he has inspired the Fred Food Face Plates.
Nathan made us this delicious Sunday Roast Dinner (that's right ladies, I said Nathan) and it was the perfect meal to pull out the Fred plates.They took so much time creating their plates I was a little concerned about what they'd actually eat. Instead, they would announce, I'm eating his hair now! I'm eating his carrot ears! or, He needs more beard! They thought it was hilarious. Nathan and I got a kick out of them too.
Aly... well, she got stuck. She insisted she only wanted Fred to have mashed potatoes and proceeded to spend 15 minutes carefully patting down gobs of them on Fred's head. I didn't complain because she pretty much ate them all.
The plate probably helped but the meal was pretty delicious on it's own. This is a gesture Kohen does when he is eating food and it is just sooo good. He bounces his hand up and down while doing it and it reminds me of something very Italian. Maybe it's that 1/16th Italian in his blood showing through. Makes you feel pretty good though when you made a meal and he does this. It's the ultimate thank you.
Of course what is a Sunday Dinner without Brown Sugar Muffins? Which is exactly what I am holding next to the camera that elicited a dimpled response from Ander. He's a fan.



10 comments:
Cute idea! Love how kids are so easily entertained:)
Ha! I love it. Super cute buuuut... is that a cigar in Kennedy's Fred's mouth? :)
PS my mouth is watering because I know how delicious Sunday dinner at the Jensen's is. YUM!
Those are the cutest plates! And how jealous am I that Nathan made dinner! Very jealous!
yay! Ander is a true Jensen, loving those "mussins". I miss Sunday dinners with you guys! We miss you sooo much!
nice--whatever it takes to get kids to eat!
So what do we have to do to get the brown sugar muffin recipe?? :)
I love Kohen's deliciouso expression. It reminds me of our guys and their appreciation for food. He's a chip off the ol' block.
Fun plates!!
I love these plates! These are such a "Natalie" find...I want one!
Those plates are so cute and very smart to get kids to eat their food. Always an ongoing struggle. And yes, Nathan is a very good cook. I need him to make me his salmon recipe again. I just can't copy it.
love it. hey i'm kinda back in the blogging world... so you can take a looky if you please www.allthepennies.blogspot.com
i am excited to be better at checking them too- always love your posts! can't believe how grown up ander looks ... how and why does that have to happen?
ps. i've got to get me some of those plates.
Post a Comment