Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit

For Chinese New Year the Kindergartners do something called The Red Market. Lot's of fun food and all sorts of activities in all of the different rooms. I got to work in the "Beauty Booth" and I did lot's of little heads of hair which was fun.
As usual Ander was an amazingly good sport. I was asked to do hair at the last minute so Ander had to just hang out in his stroller for a looong time. He entertained himself for quite some time with Kohen's hat, and Kohen would bring Ander a piece of pizza every 15 min or so and that helped a lot.


 Each class had made a dragon out of all of their hands which looked neat I thought.
 They had Chinese character painting, dragon tatoos, Fishing, musical chairs, a chopstick and M&M game, face paintings etc. I was impressed, it was really well run and the kids made some good memories.
Fun to see the different outfits, and I especially love Kohen's impromptu "Rabbit paws".
We have this week off for Chinese New Year so there will be more to come. But for now let me be the first to wish you Happy Chinese New Year, the year of the Rabbit. Xin nian kuai le!!!!

6 comments:

hf said...

I can't think of anyone better suited to do heads of hair than you. I still remember your barbie head you used to practice on when the girls were babies. Good times!

Sometimes when my girls are being nice they will let me do their hair. Thanks for teaching me!!

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Tara Pugmire said...

yeah your school pretty much rocks the big one! I wanted to see pictures of your handi work in those little girl's hairs! Another post maybe?

Hannah said...

You must have been so awesome in the beauty booth! You have some awesome skills. I love Kohen's pose in that last shot! So cute!

Anonymous said...

EJ,
I wouldn't have been so quick to give up Copper Hopper if I had realized what year was coming up!!
Since we last conversed I have read Ender in Exile and Ender's Shadow--both really good--you should read them if you haven't allready

MC

Nicole said...

Oh I bet the girls LOVED the braids you did. You're so talented! The hand dragon IS way cool. Kohen's impromptu bunny hands are perfect. Seriously, what a fun carnival!

Anonymous said...

Really love the photos. I think Kohen's outfit looks terrific and I too think it a great pose. Dragon also very clever. Photos are pretty darn good also. Thank you for sharing!! Dad

lllllll