The farm was really well kept considering what we are used to around these parts. I was impressed. There was a pig that Kohen had no problem communicating with, he'd snort and the pig would snort back, endless fun.
Not the best pic (he had his neck all scrunched down) but this bird was with chickens who had laid eggs recently, and it strutted around just like a rooster but that's as far as I am willing to venture in my guess as to what it is.
When it was Kohen's class's turn to pick they were each given a little pair of scissors and a basket and they started out. While I was trying to help Kohen's buddy get the right number of the right size berry that he had chosen to pick, Kohen was clipping happily away. Before I could barely turn around he had clipped a dozen of the smallest, most jaundice looking strawberries. Luckily I knew when it came time to eat them, Kohen would be up for it.
There really were some gorgeous berries, and they were delish. I ended up picking 12 large strawberries and by weight they cost me 200NT which is somewhere around $6. And though I felt fine about it at the time, upon reflection, it was not an amazing deal. About average, though I have never seen such large and red strawberries in the markets.
But it's the experience we're supposed to remember, right?! And I think being out of school, eating good food, and being with Mom, is always a good time for Kohen.



2 comments:
The kids are getting to do so much fun stuff! Field trips are the best. I had to giggle about the pig and Kohen "communicating" because sadly even at my age I still find snorting hilarious ;)That bird is gorgeous, have you seen any like that there before? I love that last night I asked for more blogs and this morning, ta da! A new blog :)
Love you guys, Beeg :)
I still can't believe how expensive those strawberries were! $6.00 for 12!! Looks like you won't be making any strawberry jam anytime soon. You are such a good mom! I can imagine how excited Kohen was to go pickin'!! He's so cute!!
Post a Comment