Thursday, February 10, 2011

Swimming at the "Spa"

On our CNY break we did lot's of fun stuff just hanging around town. We went to the high school to cheer on our team in the Rugby championship games- can I just say, that is one brutal, physical game? Honestly, I'm not sure I'm even man enough to watch the games- the way they just crash into each other with out pads or helmets *cringe* But I loved learning all about the game, I like it a lot.
Tangled also came out in theaters here (FINALLY) so we obviously went and completely loved it. The fact that it only played in English and 3D is a vent I'll spare you but hello! way to rip off the foreigners. 
One afternoon our friends invited us to go swimming at an indoor place they had some passes to. The warmer pool where the kids could pretty much touch was where we spent our time. It was the pool with all the spa/water features.
As 5 kids cannon balled into the "spa" pool, I'm sure the quiet relaxation for the other patrons quickly drew to a close. Our kids had to try out each of the water features, of course.
They had fun with all of them but I tried to steer them clear of the one at the far left of ^this picture because, frankly, I was suspicious of just what the water was massaging. 
After a while the newness of the pounding water features wore off and they enjoyed themselves just swimming around.
These bubble bath bed things were the favorite and were how they finished off their swim. It was a great afternoon with friends.

6 comments:

Kay said...

HOt springs can be nice! Where was this one? We went up to tien lai once and it was fun. THey had indoor and outdoor stuff. you should try it if you havne't. we went for a day trip once.

Jessie said...

I love love love seeing all your adventures Erin!! Looks like the kids had a blast!

Ky"sa" said...

Ohhh you are such a good mom to go on adventures with your kids when school is out!! I wish I could lay on a bubble bed right now! I agree, what was that guy massaging? Hmmmmm? ;) Earlier today I was watching Michael, Davis and Abby and Michael was saying, "Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles!" Then I figured out that meant he had to go potty!!! lol!

Tara Pugmire said...

man that looks fun and relaxing!

Nicole said...

So did the lanterns in Tangled totally remind you of Ping Xi? I thought it was super cool that we'd actually seen that in person! You better be going again this year!! Think of me. :) Your kids look super cute in their swimming caps. It makes me happy imagining them splashing around as the Chinese are having some serious spa time.

Anonymous said...

We both got a pretty good laugh out of that one Erin!! Thank you for that!! Dad

lllllll