Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011

The recent Star Wars influence translated into Halloween costumes this year (Aly even explained her lack of smile was because princess Leia had "this face", giving me her best strong/stoic face). All except for our resident Indian, Sacagewea. I should note that all of the kids are self posed in these pics.
 We made do with what we could find this year and no costume cost more than $5. Not from want of spending, mind you. It was just the only costumes we could find were old and cheap. It worked well.
I was intending to reuse a costume of Kohen's for Ander this year but he was having NONE of it and I am having to choose my battles with him carefully these days. While I was getting Han Solo, Leia, and Sacagewea ready, Nathan came up with Ander's "Padawan in Training" costume. I was thoroughly impressed with his last minute idea. Ander was willing to sweat to death all evening if he got to swing a light sabre around. Daddy= genius.
It should be noted that each of the children chose their own poses for the pictures. Yes, that should definitely be noted.
Glad someone could tell me that my furry black cat ears could not be seen against my hair and in the dark. My attempt at some Halloween spirit was all for not. Oh well, the kidlets appreciated my attempt.
We headed up to Yangmingshan again this year where all of the Embassy folks live and where we can trick or treat American style to a handful of houses.
Surprisingly, Ander didn't care much about the candy. He really was content to hang on to that light saber and swing it around in the dark.
There were lot's of people and we ran in to a lot of friends. Impromptu light saber battles took place about every other house we stopped at. Kohen and Ander were in heaven and Kennedy's patience ran out waiting for us to drag the boys out of "fights" to move on. I couldn't blame her.
A battle between our boys and our neighbor Carrie's two oldest kids still at home.
Scarlett is there under our favorite Halloween quilt (Thank you Debbie!), she was an angel for Halloween. No costume required. (Again, can't see my cat ears... How "ridicleeus" as Aly would say).
Here are my oldest 3 with my neighbor Brandie's youngest three. If you are doing the math, that means we are still missing 4 of our kids in this picture. We cause quite a scene when we get em all together. 
What I love most about Trick or Treating in YMS is that they get the real feel of what it is like but there isn't that much candy to worry about. After the kids gorged themselves with candy on the way home there was only about a sandwich sized baggie of candy left per kid. Hardly even enough for the parents to share. I said hardly...

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I love it. You all look so great. Han Solo might be my favorite - what a perfect fit for him!

Tara Pugmire said...

Dang those are some rockin costumes! You must have planned ahead. Love them all!

lllllll