Monday, November 28, 2011

Views From Above

 So November may have gotten away from me a bit. I can admit that I suppose. My sister Natalie arrived at the beginning of the month and so we've been wonderfully distracted since then. For our first outing we grudgingly got out of our pj's and headed to the local grocery store. On our way there I took her up to our old house and then up the hill to the look out we used to walk up to. It was an insanely clear and beautiful day.
 Ander was enjoying the scenery as well, never mind that he was asserting his 2 year old will every time we got in and out of the car and wasn't letting me buckle him in. It had to start sometime.
Anyway, as I looked out at that crazy clear blue sky I knew that it was a truly rare day that would be perfect for visiting 101. Even on blue sky days it is often still pretty smoggy.  So even though we had basically just rolled out of bed (after a call to my neighbor to pick up the older 3 from the bus) we headed to Nathan's office and he took us down to 101.
 We absolutely made the right choice. There wasn't another day as clear and beautiful as this the whole time she was here. We rode the fastest elevator in the world (1010 meters per minute) to the top of 101. At the top you can get a hand held little thing that you press the buttons on and it will talk to you about what you are seeing out whichever window.
 Ander was obsessed with it. He walked around talking his jibberish back into the phone thingy and gesturing to people like he was talking on the phone. He was completely content with the situation.
 We thought this picture with 101's shadow was pretty cool.

 The wind damper is so cool. Google it if you care to learn more about it, I don't feel like I'm a sound authority on it. It's pretty amazing though.
 My home... crazy.
 The observation deck was open which was a first for me. We headed out to check out the view.
 Pretty windy, it was freakin me out.
 It really is an awe inspiring building. It's hard to understand just how ginormous it is.
When we got home this was the sunset from our yard, not too shabby. What a rare treat to spontaneously go sight seeing. It was a great start to Natalie's trip.

4 comments:

Kay said...

That was a beautiful day. Love the pic with the 101 shadow.

The Hedquists said...

Oh you little tease with your balmy blue skies and shorts in November!

Anonymous said...

Really fun pic of you and Natalie not to mention your little ones. I love the views.

Tara Pugmire said...

Ok that was a beautiful clear day! got to say though if that is you and Natalie's just rolled out of bed look- you both suck!

lllllll