Saturday, November 19, 2011

*Starly*

 Ander pronounces Scarlett as "Starly" and it didn't take long for that one to stick. Our sweet little Starly is still the most popular girl around these parts by far.
Shortly after she turned one month old she went from sleeping 6-8 hours a night to an impressive 10-12 hours a night most nights. I've had to increase how often she eats during the day to ensure she is getting enough since she is going so long at night. I am definitely not complaining though!

 She went through the baby acne/ growing out of her hair faze just as the rest of my babes did though thankfully it was fairly short lived.
 Her hair is coming in and looks really dark in some lights and quite light in others so the jury is still out on that one.
 Ander continues to love and be sweet with his Starly about 90% of the time. He will occasionally give her a little whack or push but it is always very half hearted- I know his strength and he is definitely being gentle with her even when he is testing boundaries.
 He also discovered that her silky pink blanket (circa Aly 2006) is quite a bit silkier than his own and has decided it should be his. He is now officially the household blanket bandit.
 Wait. Who is this?! Auntie Natalie came a long way to get a much needed snug from Scarlett. Aaand to increase my odds of survival while Nathan was out of town for an extended trip. LOT'S more to come on this topic.
 Scarlett is trying hard to be a self soother though she has yet to decide what satisfies her most. She will take a pacifier but can't keep it in on her own very well. Sometimes she sucks on the same fingers that Ander does but she goes to sleep most nights now sucking her right thumb. It's about the most adorable thing on such a little baby.

10 comments:

The Crowley's said...

i think she looks like Kenna, thanks for the updates

Anonymous said...

I agree - she looks so much like Kennedy did at that age. Thanks for the post babe!! Love ya, Nathan

shellydinger said...

I've never had a baby that sucked their thumb, but it really is the most adorable thing ever. Ander looks so grown up next to her!

Kay said...

Starly is adorable. Love that nickname. Thank goodness for super hero sisters!

Trevi Hardy said...

She is sooooo beautiful. And Ander..... just miss him.

Heather said...

I've never thought thumb sucking is cute, but that last picture totally retracts anything I have ever said about it. Cutest thing ever.

hf said...

She definitely looks like she belongs in the Jensen family. I love the thumb sucking tiny baby!

The Hedquists said...

Starly is a little snuglet for sure, especially with her thumb in her mouth. For sure no one will ever confuse her with "Star-la" the scary she-man.

Anonymous said...

I agree, that thumb in the mouth is just so cute. Not much fun to break though. Thanks for the pic. I loved them

Ky"sa" said...

she is so beautiful!!

lllllll