Our trip got off to a bumpy start when we arrived at the airport and despite having our etickets in hand and confirmation emails on Nathan's laptop- the airline, KLM, claimed that they had cancelled our tickets two months before. It was difficult to understand then, why they had taken the money out of our account and not returned it, nor had they ever sent us an email telling us they cancelled the tickets. DRAMA.
Apparently this has happened before according to the KLM employees working the counter. It was especially embarrassing for them since Nathan could pull up our account to show they had never returned the money. Doesn't seem right does it?
We had to purchase new tickets right then and there, and worry about the "issue" later.
We flew into Bangkok and arrived at our hotel 1am Taipei time.
We had a few hours the next morning to see something in Bangkok. We chose the Siam Ocean World that was near by. It was a great aquarium. Perfect for our timing.There were touch pools where you could explore the coral, star fish, sea anemones, sea cucumbers and more. This was a favorite spot.
Scarlett was exhausted from our late night the day before and fell asleep the moment I laid her in the stroller.
They had these tubs that had the fish in them that eat the dead skin off of your feet. You had to sit real still- a difficult task for Aly and Ander- but if you did it wasn't long before a bunch of teeny fish would be nibbling your tootsies.
It TICKLES!
They had the tunnel you can walk through with all of the fish and sharks and sting rays swimming idly by and over you. Here is Kenna hitching a ride.
Ander would punch the fish when they swam by him, he was very pleased with the arrangement.
The also had this area where the kids showed up on the screens so they spent some time pretending to swim and snorkel on screen.
Then we have my favorite pic of the day. We all did our pose and then when I looked at the camera it took me a second to find Aly. We are still laughing about it. She was already a casualty of the shark teeth... funny girl.
We nearly didn't make it to the airport for our last little leg to Koh Samui. The traffic was insane and the trip from the aquarium to the the hotel and the hotel to the airport was a couple of the most stressful hours of my life. Even when I knew there was nothing else to be done. It just further confirmed what I already knew, I have NO business ever being on The Amazing Race.
We made it, though it was close.
Our kids had no idea that their Auntie Natalie and Auntie Ashley and Uncle Shayn were meeting us in Thailand! We walked in and I walked right over and sat down next to my sister. I watched Kennedy's face as she looked around us unsuspecting, and then she focused on my sister and her mouth dropped open. It was awesome. Cheering and even a squeal or two ensued. We made a scene, but a good one, which is a change for our crew. It was a happy reunion.
This is Ander about 2 minutes before he clotheslined himself on this bar, which knocked him back onto the hard floor. We thought he just hurt the back of his head until we noticed the giant goose egg between his eyebrows. Whoopthie!
Especially after my sisters and BIL had been traveling for 36 hours, this gorgeous open air airport was a welcomed site for all.
We were tired but thrilled to be in Thailand, together.









3 comments:
Whew! Lots of excitement and stress over actually getting there, eh? But you made it, and I'm sure it was a lovely time once you finally got there!!
That is crazy about your flight! But looks like you guys had fun. Can Brad and I come surprise everyone sometime too??
I'm not sure I could even sit still while little fish nibbled at my toes. I'm sure I would have been just as wiggly as the little ones!
Post a Comment