Because I know you've all been waiting with bated breath to hear an update of my infants self soothing habits (oh that there was a font for sarcasm...) I have news. Just like what happened with her brother before her, there was a subtle battle going on where I pushed the pacifier and Scarlett sucked her thumb. Then when she started sleeping consistently on her back she suddenly started rejecting the pacifier all together - get's highly offended when I even so much as suggest it- and she has since taken to her middle and ring finger for her comfort needs.
For those of you avid followers on this topic (sarcasm font!) you will note this is just a finger slide to the side of Ander's choice in fingers. Frankly, I have no idea what these children are doing.
If you weren't already completely enthralled and enamored with this topic, would it help to know that the Chinese have a name for when babies suck their fingers: Ji Jiao. It means, wait for it, Chicken Feet. Though I was initially horrified realizing they think it looks like my innocent babes are suckling chickens feet, I now better understand just how much the Chinese truly love their chicken feet and it's actually meant in an endearing way.
I'm glad we had this little conversation.
All in agreement, raise your ji jiao.




3 comments:
Its all good if it helps them sleep better!
This is definitely a hot topic. We are currently having the same battle with Ridge. He wants his fist or thumb and we keep pushing the paci... winner still undetermined!!
haahaa. So crazy two finger suckers in a row! Genetics at it's best! She reminds me of ander now seeing her do that! Can't wait for june to come!
Post a Comment