Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Asia Women's Conf. 2013

Asia Women's Conference is the most amazing spiritual resource I have as an expat. I look forward to it every year. However due to our insane schedules as of late, I was so torn about whether or not to go. But dang, I am so glad that I did.
We were really excited to have Sister Julie B. Beck with us this year, among others.
I could write all about it and show you gobs of pictures but my dear friend Nicole who currently lives in HK, already wrote an awesome post, explaining some of the drama that comes with being a committee member as we both were again this year. She was in charge of the food this year and... well, you'll just have to click here and read more about it.
What you won't see on her blog is the story of when Brandie and I were at the hotel Nathan had booked for us using his Marriott points, we jumped in a taxi to head to the church, only to discover it was basically across the street. The taxi driver was not as amused as we were, haha! There was literally an overpass and elevated walkways connecting the church to the Marriott. That was a treat.
I took away lot's of gems from the weekend but one of my favorites was some advice one of the speakers shared that had been given to her as wedding advice:
Make your needs known or they can never be met. 
So simple but surprisingly unintuitive!
I came away with lot's of thoughts and ideas that inspired me to do better across the whole spectrum of my life. And that is really what Women's Conference is all about.


3 comments:

shellydinger said...

It looks amazing. The food drama would have sent me to the hospital. Crazy! Thanks for the link.

Nicole said...

Wait. I thought you were going to say: what you won't see on her blog is... Brandi and I shared a hotel room with a bathroom (and shower) with glass walls and no curtains. Not sure why that wasn't included in the story? :) Loved seeing you, my friend!

ej said...

Hahahaha! Nicole, I honestly forgot about that! I may have to add the shower story to the taxi one, it totally trumps it, lol.

lllllll