Why? Because that is the quickest way for me NOT to accomplish something. So normally I don't even bother making New Year's Resolutions. But this year in my head I thought, "It's not even a "real" resolution, I will just work on not always being a month behind on blog posts this year." Thus the NYE post that has stood as sentinel of this blog for the last 2 months.
What can be said for a blog unkempt is behind every 2 month gap is a very full and busy life. If you want to use the "treading water" analogy, I'd describe us as trudging up the steep stairs to the water slide, brief moments of happiness and fun as we slide down the water slides of life, and before we know it, we are back to treading water again, doing our best to just keep our heads up. But at least we got to ride the slide, right?
So, after flirting with the idea of letting my blog go, or just keeping it up privately, I realized that this system has worked for me for 6 years, and if I try a little harder maybe I can keep on top of things... Or not. Whatever I decide though, it will NOT be a resolution!



4 comments:
Ill take what I can get and just be happy!! Who else is gonna document our crazy life in such a funny and memorable way?? PS - you know our life has to be crazy when I am checking the blog regularly to see what I missed :) Love ya, Nathan
Too bad you cannot track the number of times a week we all cheek in to get a breath of fresh air, looking for a good laugh or a tender experience shared. You should know that we are addicted to your Blogg and well, if it gets gappy once in a while so much greater our appreciation when you do find the time to post....
It helps us stay connected to you and your family in a very special way........Happy Sailing!
Love you...Dad
Too bad you cannot track the number of times a week we all check in to get a breath of fresh air, looking for a good laugh or a tender experience shared. You should know that we are addicted to your Blogg and well, if it gets gappy once in a while so much greater our appreciation when you do find the time to post....
It helps us stay connected to you and your family in a very special way........Happy Sailing!
Love you...Dad
Um, you better not quit blogging! You are my comic relief, and I love reading about your life whenever you get the chance to post. I've been absent too, life gets busy. But your blog is one of the 3 that I read!
Post a Comment