Thursday, February 8, 2007

Snow Day!






Do you remember the excitement and anticipation you used to have when the weather man said snow was on it's way? And you would go to sleep just hoping that mother nature would unleash a blizzard that would cancel school for at least a week?! And then you would wake up and check the news to see if school had in fact been canceled, and then climb back into bed and enjoy sleeping in. I will never forget one morning I got up to get ready for early morning seminary and Natalie had written a message on the role of toilet paper "school cancelled for snow!"- hilarious! Well, I am afraid snow days just aren't the same anymore. It is so sad because I still feel this anticipation waiting for it to start snowing, but there is no reward of a day off like there used to be. Even still it is always fun to wake up to snow...since I don't have to drive in it! Today was one of those days. To make the most of the snow Kennedy and Kohen wanted to go out and play in it for a little while. And by "a little while" I mean about 15 min. Almost worth getting bundled up for! I think they enjoyed the hot chocolate afterwards the best. Or maybe it was me dancing around the kitchen singing the hot chocolate song from The Polar Express, "HOT-HOT! Oh we got it! HOT HOT! Yeah we got it! HOT HOT! Oh we got it...HOT CHOCOLATE! Here we only have one rule- NEVER EVER LET IT COOL!...HOT CHOCOLATE!" I put a hat on Aly just so she wouldn't feel left out!

1 comment:

hf said...

I think your writer's block was only temporary...as you wax eloquent! ;)

lllllll