
Saturday mornings come around and it is time for everyone to pitch in together and clean. This Saturday Kennedy was insistent that she wanted to mop the floor 'like Cinderella'. I wasn't going to argue with that. It started out with Kennedy in the entry with a wet rag where she quickly got into character piously singing the "Sing sweet Nightingale" song that Cinderella sings while mopping the floors. It was pretty cute because for 45 min she sang the same line over and over "swing sweet Nightingale" with the occasional "hiiiiiiiiigh, above thee". Pretty soon she had solicited a more than willing Kohen to play the role of Lucifer the naughty cat (not such a stretch) to come and put dirty paw prints through her freshly mopped floor so she could cry out, "you mean 'ol thing!!!!" just like Cinderella does. As the pictures show the activity quickly escalated and to be more authentic Kennedy wanted a bucket with water- and so of course then 'Lucifer' -who knows an opportunity for a mess when he sees one- needed his own bucket and rag too. In the end they both went around sopping the floor while I went behind and dried. Though it took 3 times longer, eventually the floor did get cleaned!
2 comments:
What a flash back to my childhood. I can remember doing the same thing with Shelly in our front entry way only I had to be the cat if I remember right.
I was there, and I still laugh when I read these stories!!
Post a Comment