Thursday, March 1, 2007

Mr. Mischief


My sweet Kohen has turned into a mischievous little 2 yr old! I am unable to get anything done because if I turn my back on him or let him out of my site for 30 seconds (30 seconds, people!) he will have dropped paper towels in the toilet, rubbed chap stick ALL over his face, given a quarter to Alyssa to play with, tasted the powder laundry detergent, gotten out 2 steak knives to chase Kennedy around with (though in his defense I think he was just chasing because she was running)...these are just a few off the top of my head. Now, I know this is somewhat typical and perhaps not even that bad compared to some, however-I don't care. It still is not all that fun. I think it is the sheer volume of incidents rather than the deviance of them that gets me down. In case you are judging me about why he had access to knives, detergent, quarters and the like, well I didn't think he did! He has proven himself a worthy opponent climbing and snooping and finding all of the things he isn't supposed to. So I have compiled a few pictures from some of his less urgent adventures. First off we have Kohen standing next to a tiny cup from Kennedy's kitchen. One morning he found a full adult size cup of water that a guest had left out that I didn't find the night before. Not to worry, my helper Kohen found it and I saw him out of the corner of my eye. Knowing how he thinks I tried to cross the room in 2 steps shouting a slow-motion "NOOOOO!" he hurriedly dumped the entire glass into that teeny cup. Did I mention the tiny cup was sitting on the couch? Next we have Kohen holding Kennedy in what looks like a hug but became a full fledged headlock as soon as the picture was taken. This is a common practice he uses to get his sister all upset. We have also caught a "hug" he was giving Alyssa turn into what looked like him doing chest compressions on our sweet girl! Ahhhh! And finally, this Monday during family home evening Nathan was taking turns with the children playing a song for them on the piano and they could choose to sing a song or play along with him. Kohen had his turn and then I became distracted while listening to Kennedy make up an impromptu song while Nathan played. It was so darling until I realized Kohen was missing. And not only was he missing, he was quiet- that can only mean one thing...mischief! And there he was standing on the bar stool with the big 'ol pepper shaker- shaking it ALL over the place! There was a thick dusting of pepper all over the counter, chair, and floor. So I go to get him down so he could vacuum it up -and he does what he usually does when he gets caught-he frantically tries to finish the task at hand before I can stop him. This time that meant that he reaches out with both hands and in a frenzied motion sweeps his little hands back and forth sending the pepper in every direction. To my let-the-punishment-fit-the-crime delight he then put both hands in front of his mouth and took a great big lick! He sneezed intermittently for 10 min after that- I even got a picture of one. What a boy. Even with all of his 'creativity' how could you not love this kid?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Owned! haha! This time around the crime ended up being the punishment!

lllllll