Saturday, March 3, 2007

Frosty the Snowman




Nathan, Kohen, Kennedy, Erin and Alyssa
Sledding Feb. 2007

Marianne, Kohen, and Kimmy with the beginnings of Frosty.



Nathan and Kennedy after a particularly awesome ride down the hill



The Bell Family (well, 4 of 6 kids present)
Top left: Marianne, Rosie and Tom
Bottom left: Peter and the twins Kim and Katie

Everyone, minus our photographer Rose, posing in the awesome scenery!

February 25, 2007 Sunday
It has taken Nathan and I a little getting used to the fact that if there is even a dusting of snow they cancel everything here. Mainly (and understandably) because Virginia doesn't have the salt, sand and snow plows needed to clear anything but the main roads and even that is a stretch. So even when we received almost 4 inches of heavy, wet snow this past Sun. morning we were still surprised when our phone started ringing with calls that Church had been cancelled. No, you read that right, Church was cancelled! Nathan and I proceeded to do the stupidest happy dance jumping up and down and shouting "woo hoo" before we realized what we were doing and started laughing at ourselves for being idiots. Don't get me wrong, we love church and the boost that it gives us to take on the upcoming week- but having church cancelled was a first for both of us, and forgive us for being a little overly excited. We will repent...next week, when we have church. Any way, we went sledding with the Bells and had the most wonderful time! Everyone took turns bringing Kennedy and Kohen down the hill, and I even went down with Alyssa strapped to me, a few times which was fun (don't worry Dad, I only went half way down, and I started right below the tree stump that everyone kept coming dangerously close to. You would be proud, I even brought the kid's bike helmets with me but lost my nerve when I saw where we were sledding and the lack of imminent danger). Then we started building Frosty. He was about 6 ft tall- so huge! And quite handsome if I do say so myself. It was everything you dream about for a snow day and playing in the snow. After, we went home and I put a swimsuit on and got in the tub with Kennedy and Kohen so we could warm up and sweet Nathan brought us all hot chocolate with marshmallows!!! Love that guy! Then we got in our sun. clothes and headed across the street to the Bell's home. The Bishop had authorized us to bless and have the Sacrament in our homes and so we shared a really neat experience doing that with the Bell's. It was a good reminder for me of how thankful I am that my husband has the Priesthood and was able to participate in blessing the Sacrament, and also a good reminder of how grateful I am to have the opportunity to recommit myself to my baptismal covenants each and every week by taking the Sacrament. I know it is a heavy topic for a blog but I have to be honest, it was a wonderful experience. Anyway, there are so many pictures from our fun snow day, I didn't even scratch the surface. The post beneath this is just more pics of the fun we had. Enjoy!

No comments:

lllllll