Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kennedy's 1st Metro Ride

Kennedy waits anxiously for her first Metro


The Metro blows into the station



Kennedy with Grandma Bonnie just enjoying the ride

Maybe Kennedy wasn't the only one excited about the Metro ride; it was actually my first Metro ride too. However, I was able to sleep the night before whereas Kennedy woke up 4 or 5 times during the night just hoping it was time to get up and go ride the train. She was almost as excited to go and cheer on her dad for his race. Nathan was actually the one who painted the magical picture of the 'underground train' for her so I suppose he has only himself to blame if his race took 2nd place on her priority list. Down on the platform Kennedy waited, listening for the Metro with a quiet enthusiasm that reminded me of how I used to lay in bed straining to hear Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve. Even with all of the anticipation she was openly thrilled when the train finally roared into the station. I found myself struggling to appear unaffected as I marveled at the size of the underground Metro Station and the speed with which the trains flew in and out. I am sure it was glaringly obvious I wasn't a seasoned city slicker, especially since I was taking pictures! As with most forms of transportation it didn't take long before the newness wore off for me- though Kennedy remained eager for each new leg to our destination. It was a fun 'adventure' and a good reminder to me to enjoy the little things in life...

No comments:

lllllll