Monday, March 26, 2007

Resting


When we finally got home after Nathan's race Kohen and Alyssa were happy to see us. Somehow we all kind of congregated in mom and dad's room which isn't the place we typically hang out as a family! I think it had to do with the fact that mom and dad were wiped out. I think most kids are this way, if you are feeling weak they can sense it! They couldn't get either of us off of our bed and it was a rare "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" moment and just like that scene from The Sound of Music- one by one our children ended up in our bedroom with us (though there was no singing about our favorite things...I will have to remember that for next time.) It was only late afternoon and so we turned on the boob tube for a half and hour and just rested. The sweetest thing was the way that Kohen laid his head on Nathan's chest while he watched the show- as I have said before- Kohen sitting still for any period of time is rare and to be appreciated. He just stayed there resting with his dad while the girls and I snuggled up on the other side. A side note: I have turned into a complete blog freak. I will do anything for a good shot. For this shot I was such a freak show, I could hardly believe I was doing it! I slowly set Aly to my side so as not to disturb her play, then I slithered off of the bed to the floor and then army crawled to the door where I tip-toed down the stairs to retrieve the camera. I did all of this again but in reverse order to get back in the room and obtain the picture without disturbing Kohen!!! I think I need a hobby...er, wait...uh-oh.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

This is great! When Ryan and I try to sleep in on a Saturday morning this is what our bed looks like too! Thank goodness for the California King! Then we end up turning on the TV and dare I say I have enjoyed watching "That's so Raven" with my kids? You are a blog freak but I'm lovin' it!

lllllll