
When my little brother was little I would make him lunches that were faces as a special treat. He really loved it and I remember thinking at the time "Man, I am really good at this!" - though really, how would I know? I'm the one who made it up! Anyway, the other day I did a huge mommy no-no. I got my three amigos in the car and excited about a church lunch group that does monthly play dates. We pull up to our destination and I suddenly realized that I had in fact read my planner wrong and the play date was not for today but next week. Luckily I figured out my mistake before we got out of the car-
unluckily the children were NOT happy with the change in plans. Everyone was in tears. Kennedy was crying "I wanted to have a play date!", Kohen was crying "friends!...friends!" and Alyssa started crying because everyone else was crying. I was in the dog house for sure. So besides committing myself to schedule more play dates for my socially deprived children, I thought I would do something special for them for lunch. The 'funny face' lunch popped into my mind and so I gave it a try. Soon Kennedy and Kohen were happily eating their lunches, trying out all the different foods...I took that as their forgiveness. It has been a while since I have done a 'funny face' lunch and I am a bit out of practice but overall...I think I still got it.
2 comments:
now you are making me look really bad. That is a great idea though. My kids would love it, I will try it and let them know it was all your idea! Tara
That is inredible!! Is there training for that sort of thing? I love the eyelashes and pink cheeks!!
Post a Comment