Thursday, March 22, 2007

Play Date Success


I was serious when I said that I needed to schedule more play dates for my cabin feverish children. So we planned for Kennedy's little friend Sophie to come over and play this morning. It was so nice to have them entertaining each other! They played pretend and were princesses- notice in the top picture how they are each holding a side of the magical band- and there was a lot of distressing story lines- my personal favorite of the day " Oh, no! My baby is stuck in the geyser!" Geyser?! Where did Kennedy come up with that? I shouldn't be surprised, Kenna has all sorts of imaginative story lines. When she is playing she is also a huge fan of crying out "Come back your hind-is!" Which always gets Nathan and I laughing. One of my favorite things about Kennedy's pretend play is the names she comes up with. She doesn't just adopt names that already exist like 'anne' or 'jane'. No, no- she likes to create her own. Just a few of our favorites are (spelled like how they sound) : Fragaga, Try-ca, Trianna, Tornicka, Coh-ba, and her all time favorite name for herself is Shelly-ensa. I love and envy her creativity! Anyway, I think I could get used to more of these play dates! ps- Kohen may look a little bit uncomfortable in that headlock of love, but believe you me, he was loving it!

No comments:

lllllll