

Alyssa woke up at midnight the other night with a fever and she seemed very uncomfortable. Not knowing what else to do besides give her Tylenol I got her up and decided to feed her. Afterwards, I was holding her when she blew out her diaper- something she hasn't done in months. Sorry for you squeamish types, here comes a little bit of potty talk. This was no ordinary blow out. It was crazy, I heard and it was simultaneouly clear down her legs just like that. So now we had the runs to add to her growing list of ailments. Anyway I was in the kitchen and after rushing over to the sink I kind of froze in place standing there holding her out from me trying to decide just how to proceed. I didn't know the number for Hazmat so I decided to just bathe her myself in the kitchen sink. She didn't seem to mind the chance to splash around a bit and I had her clean and back in bed just after 1am. 36 hours later her fever finally broke though the runs have lingered. Tonight I think she is finally on the up swing of this bug. Either way, I thought she looked cute in that big 'ol sink with just her head peeking over the top. It would have been even cuter however, during daylight hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment