Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Behind

Watch closely, you may actually see the clutter multiplying!

Below: our only defenses against Rota virus

Here is a little riddle for you. This week at our house: we are this because of this. Answer: BEHIND!!! Turns out that we are passing a nasty strain of the Rota virus around our humble abode, and man is it terrible. It is no respecter of age, race, male or female- it mattereth not! I believe I can trace the outbreak back to the hours we spent in urgent care last Mon. and Aly came down with the tell-tale fever 24 hours later. Alyssa went through literally every stitch of clothing that she has, and because of the high number of baths all have taken plus how I keep rotating the hand towels to try and keep this from spreading - I have piles of laundry everywhere and in different stages of getting cleaned and put away. Now, if I am being honest there is nothing new about the laundry being piled up and everywhere. What is different is the sheer amount of laundry coupled with the rapid deterioration of the rest of the home when it isn't constantly being kept in check. And I can't get anything done because I don't feel well. And even with the whole entire house and all of it's contents stacked against me, what actually has me stressing is that Nathan's parents Bonnie and Norm are coming for a visit on Fri. We are so thrilled for them to come, and I know Bonnie especially would never want us to stress or worry on their account, but let's face it- I am a woman and this is what we do! You may be wondering if I have so much to do, why then am I wasting time on my blog? Well, I feel best if I just sit and rest. And as it turns out, that is all you have to do when blogging!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Erin,
I'm so sorry you guys aren't feeling well. Use the time you can to rest and then stay up until all hours of the morning the night before company trying to catch up. That's what the rest of us would do! Feel better...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are all sick! I had the Rota virus over Thanksgiving...thanks to my darling niece:( A trip to the emegency room did the trick. I still don't remember the rest of the vacation but maybe that isn't such a bad thing. I hope a quick recovery is heading your way!

lllllll