Monday, March 19, 2007

Twenty Seven




Today I turned 27. Even writing it it doesn't seem right...or possible. Getting older is a strange, strange feeling...but I think I like it. After church we had dinner and then the Bell's came over and had Maggie Moo's ice cream cake with us (luckily Nathan took the hint two months ago when I said, "I am only going to mention this once. I want a Maggie Moo's Ice Cream Cake for my Birthday." You see, my 'hints' have to be worded strongly or I have learned that my dear husband will miss them, sweet boy!). I just had to put in the progression of these pictures around the cake- my children, ah man- they make me laugh! All three of them were trying to get a taste of the cake while we were trying to get a quick picture! Kennedy looks the least guilty but she actually just waited until Alyssa got some frosting on her hand and as you can see in picture #2 she is holding Alyssa's hand and as soon as the picture was taken Kenna stole Aly's hard earned loot! Kohen cracks me up, you can see him trying to be all sneaky going for a taste- next shot he is looking around to see if he is going to get caught- last shot, SUCCESS! I was just trying to hold his casted hand down to keep it from getting dirty! And perhaps the most clever is the one we underestimate the most. In the last shot as we all pose for the picture Aly J. makes her move! Anyway, my first birthday away from Boise turned out fine, thanks everyone for your Birthday wishes!......27......I think I can do 27... I mean really- what is the alternative?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I'm glad that at least you got your birthday cake, even if you did have to share it with the kids. Cute pictures!

Love,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cousin! Your cake looks delicious!

lllllll