Sunday, March 4, 2007

Maiden Voyage

Well after 6 months we finally gave in and bought a table. We left our old one in Boise. It was one of Nathan and I's first purchases after we married, which we were naively high pressured into and it was the biggest piece of over-priced junk ever! So after quite a bit of looking we settled on this beautiful set. Since we moved we had been eating with Kennedy in a booster seat thing that hooked to the island and Nathan and I ate on our bar stools next to her with Kohen in the high chair. Nearly every night when we would sit down to dinner either Nathan or I would comment "we have GOT to get a table!" But our Kitchen is set up a little odd and so making a table fit is a bit of a challenge. I love this table and I all ready feel myself going a little bit overboard trying to keep it in good condition (notice the kitchen towels under the children's plates, I had to improvise until I get the proper place mats or some such). With little children around and the occasional clumsy adult (okay, mostly just me) I know it will be a slow death for this lovely table. I haven't taken the protective plastic off of the seat cushions yet, and the vinyl table cloth I put on for the school lessons we do has remained on since shortly after this picture was taken. Nathan is worried. He keeps trying to bring up a dialogue about what my long term plan is with the table cloth. But I just can't bear to let the gouging and scratching begin just yet. Anyway, we enjoyed our first meal together at our table sharing home made pizza which was so fun. Then I tried Alyssa out in the high chair -she looked so tiny in that big chair that Kohen had filled out so aptly!

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

I hear you on trying to preserve furniture. We've given up and already decided that our couch isn't going to make it back west with us - and Hailey is only 3 months old! The table looks beautiful!

Kenley said...

We still don't have a dining room table. We have a good sized dining room that has a rug and a Pack'n'Play and that's about it. Well break down and get one eventually.

Loved the table, and your kids are cuter than ever.

Sheila said...

Love the table and the family sitting in its chairs! That is next on my list to purchase. When Grace is done painting, coloring and banging her silverware into ours!

lllllll