Saturday, July 14, 2007

Aly Baby





For the first time Nathan and I have a little climber baby. We have had other friends who have had such children and always wondered what that must be like- and lucky us, now we get to know! She climbed into the lawn chair all by herself and was quite pleased with herself. She climbs up out of her high chair and we have turned around to find her (all mothers brace yourselves) standing on the tray! Thereafter she has been buckled in but she must have apprenticed Houdini in another life because just yesterday I buckled her in and a few minutes later found her standing in her chair, with the straps still buckled laying impotently at her feet. The other quirky thing is that she loves this little purse my mom sent my b-day present in. Whenever she finds it she will hold on to it and even crawl with it in her hands. I find it interesting because this is the first girly thing she has really ever paid attention to, preferring Kohen's cars and trains. Like our other children she has come of age and discovered the kitchen trash. Kennedy and Kohen would haphazardly grab at the lid and shove it off onto the floor in their eagerness to get to the goods but also alerting Nathan and I to what they were up to. Alyssa however, gently lifts the lid and using her mad crouching/standing/balancing skills, gently and quietly sets the lid on the ground. She is then free to dumpster dive (albeit on a smaller scale) until I happen upon her. I'm not gonna lie, it is a little tough on the self-esteem to be outsmarted so regularly by a 1yr old!

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Hilarious!! What a girl! Tay isn't even walking yet...but she does get herself stuck in really funny places.

The Orchards said...

You're kids are soo sweet! Next time in town we need to get together!

Anonymous said...

Love Aly's dress...Cora has the same. I think they have almost identical closets!

lllllll