This years garden has been a lot of fun because the children have participated and watched with anticipation as it blossomed and grew. I was feeling a little sad because we leave for over 2 months tomorrow and so much of the garden remains too young to be...I guess harvested is the term I am looking for. But I caught the top picture of the butterfly on our Giant Sunflower and ended up doing a photo shoot of the whole garden like a total geek. My favorite by far is the peas; I loved how when the sun shone through the pod you could see each little pea growing inside. We picked a few peas and some snap beans and the pictures of Kohen are him so excited to learn that we can actually eat this stuff!?!!! Now he is a huge fan of the garden. And Kennedy being the ever-clean girl that she is, promptly slid the chair over to the sink so that she could properly wash the snap beans before she tried them. I am so glad the kids got to at least try some of what they grew!
4 comments:
I love fresh peas! The pictures look great. Where are you off to for so long?
Hey, your trip to Idaho is finally here!! It should be fun. It's great to see the kids, they are growing up!
Yum! I love fresh veggies :)
What great pics of the peas! My girls have eaten all of ours right off the vine. No saving them for a dinner salad!
Post a Comment