Friday, February 13, 2009

A Wicked Girls Weekend

I had been looking forward to this last weekend for a while, I think we all had been. My MIL, Bonnie and 4 SIL's, Trevi, Kysa, Tara, and Amber (bringing her sweet 2 1/2 mo. old baby, Davis too!) all flew in from Boise for a Girl's Weekend!!!!!!! No seriously. We were all so excited. I picked them up from the airport and we headed straight (if by straight I mean turning around twice to find my way) to In & Out Burger before heading home and settling in.
Friday Nathan took work off so he could do all of my usual work and routine (he did it with a smile on top of it all, love that guy) and we loaded up and headed towards San Fran. Unfortunately it started raining so we detoured to IKEA which was new for all my guests except Kysa who I had taken once before. 3 hours later (don't judge, IKEA is ginormous and there were 6 women involved!) after a nice Swedish IKEA lunch we emerged to find the rain had stopped so we continued toward S.F.
It was all of our first time going to Chinatown. It was pretty crazy how you turn onto Grant street and you basically feel like you are in China. Everyone had fun exploring and Hi-Chew! candy was the find of the day, we stalked several more stores and then wiped them out (it is a yummy chewy candy). There was a lot to see (yay!) and a lot to smell (blech.) and I think everyone came away having found the perfect little something for their kiddies.
We went to our favorite Crepe Vine for dinner and sat there talking until my tush fell asleep, it was awesome. Tush falling asleep = too enraptured in conversation to change position and allow blood flow to lower half. It was so nice to have a good chat with a bunch of girls...I've been missing that.

(Tara, Amber, Kysa, Me, Bonnie, Trevi....and Aly)
Saturday morning we took it easy, headed into Walnut Creek for some CPK and to do a little window shopping in the boutiques downtown before coming home and getting ready for the pinnacle of the trip. First I have to point out this picture below. Can you tell who shouted, "okay, funny one!" and how far the message got down the line before the picture clicked? I was mid-funny face, I think Bonnie to my right was working on something and poor Trevi had no idea what wild child Tara had started on the other end, lol.

Okay, before you look at the picture below, I SWEAR to you we did not plan the whole black and white thing. We must've just been on the same wave length. Ladies?! I think we clean up real nice :) Where were we going after a nice dinner at the Waterfront you may ask?.......

Wicked!

That's right! It was it's opening weekend in San Francisco and we were pretty much giddy to see it. As we were driving to the show the huge Chinese New Year parade had just ended and we got to see several block long Dragons and floats which was great. The show was, well, pick any awesome adjective and that was pretty much it. It is an amazing production and to see everyone's reactions to watching the story unfold was so much fun as well.
The weekend flew by so quickly but thank you to all of our husbands who made this possible for us to do- we love you guys!!! Come again any time girls! Love you guys!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously, what awesome husbands you have! I want a girl's weekend!!!

hf said...

I love that you guys got to do all that! Jealous too.

Sounds like you all had a great time - I love all the pictures.

Jessie said...

Looks like a blast! How was Wicked the 2nd time around??

Hannah said...

I love love love Wicked and dream about seeing it again! Sam and I finally bought tickets to go see it in NY in May. I can't wait!

ej said...

Second time around was great- I was close enough this time to see facial expressions and details on the costumes which was amazing. I think I could see it a 100 times and still enjoy it. It's just a great show...

Anonymous said...

What great pictures to remember a wonderful weekend! Nathan thanks for getting us such great seats. We were really close and the play was amazing! Erin thanks for putting us all up. It was a memorable weekend and I feel very blessed to have been able to spend it with all of my beautiful daughters.

The Crowley's said...

Thanks for hosting such a great trip for the ladies! Amber had a blast and is very grateful to you for showing her such a good time! And thanks for tipping us off about the Seriously, so blessed E-BFFS we had no idea and then of coursed panicked and took the blog off of ours! I was afraid my blog would become more popular than hers and then she go nuts and start E-attaching me!
With that blog being posted on every other one that I read how the heck did we end up on there??? The real reason that I took it down is that it is my #1 guilty pleasure and I didn't want to be outed!


Mike

Anonymous said...

Looks like SO much fun!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a great girls weekend, and to top it off with wicked. Thats better than hot fudge on top of ice cream. I also agree that China town really has a smell next to none. Thanks for sharing. Cindy

Melissa said...

How fun!! Looks like all of you had a blast together, a weekend with just the girls is always a necessity! I am glad you were able to have them come and jealous you saw "Wicked"!! :)

Kristin said...

Sounds like you had a blast!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

So fun! Glad you got a girls weekend. I'm sure it was much deserved! I can't wait to see Wicked. It's here this summer! Yea!

Anonymous said...

Always fun to read your blogg. Looks like you had a fun time, good for you and of course I've always thought your husband was exceptional. Thanks for sharing your weekend..G'ma Nona

Anonymous said...

Always fun to read your blogg. Looks like you had a fun time, good for you and of course I've always thought your husband was exceptional. Thanks for sharing your weekend..G'ma Nona

lllllll