Tuesday, April 28, 2009

#4 Makes First Appearance!

While in Taiwan I went to the playgroup of Mom's from our church ward- to be and it was good to hear opinions on life in Taiwan and hear about some of their experiences giving birth there. Overall Taiwan is about 20 years behind the times as far as birthing goes, except for C-sections which they are all over and have a high rate of. I was nervous but learned that for ex-pats that isn't the case. The girls in the ward have all used a Western trained doctor and had good experiences with her. 
So since I will be about 5-6 weeks away from having baby #4 when we move we thought it might be wise to meet this Dr. Ling. She was great, talkative and assuring, except the part where she repeatedly said at the end we would check often and see whether or not I needed to be induced (after Aly, I'd have to give that a NO WAY ummm, no thanks) but other than that it was positive.
Especially the part where she did an ultrasound! Yay! And I am excited to announce- especially on behalf of Kohen- that the score is now even, 2 girls, 2 boys! We are expecting our second little boy around the second week of September. We really weren't very surprised, I'd thought it was a boy all along and after being correct 3 times before, Nathan knows better than to question me :) It was sweet, when we gathered the kids yesterday to tell them we took the last vote of what each thought we were having. Kohen held firm on a brother. Kenna, and therefore Aly believed it was a girl. When we revealed it was a boy there was a collective cheer and then Kennedy shouts "I just knew it was a boy!" which I thought was funny considering her vote to the contrary .5 seconds before.
So the next question is always, do we have a name? Well, no not really but the fact of the matter is you probably won't like what we pick anyway- at least initially-  so should I really share??? I dunno, we'll see. We're certainly taking suggestions. hint hint.  

12 comments:

Bell Family said...

That is great news! Yay for boys!!! As far as names go I got nothin'. We had girl names picked out for both Ashton and Weston, but obviously were never used (and will never use as we are done having babes). Good luck though. I love all of your kids' names so I'm sure this one will be just as cute! Congrats you guys!

Peter and Jen Bell said...

That is so exciting! How is it that you two plan (perform) so perfectly as to have 2 boys and 2 girls? So fun! Kohen is going to be the cutest older brother ever.

Kim Davis said...

I am so glad to hear you like your Dr. and that you will already have a support system in place when you move. How awesome that you will have an even score. I won't lie and say that I am not a little jealous.

Kysa said...

I'm so excited!!! A boy!! I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience in Taiwan. :)

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Kohen will be an amazing big brother. I am so glad that you got to meet your doctor and all went well. We can't wait to hear your names!

Anonymous said...

YAY that is great news. Another boy is awesome. I am so glad you found a DR too!

Adam & Jetta said...

Yay!!! I have to say that when I contemplated that I might actually have a boy (I was so convinced in the beginning it was going to be a girl and didn't even consider a boy)I was a little overwhelmed with how I would handle it... but now, I wouldn't have it any other way. Boys are fun! And how fun for you to have 2 of each. Adam suggests the name Rudyard :)

Amber said...

Congratulations Erin and Nathan! Yeah for a brother! I'm so glad you got to meet your doctor-- what exciting times ahead!!

Hokie Family said...

Awesome. "K" cracks me up. Boys rock! I had a hard enough time name my three boys so i have no suggestions. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! 2:2 is very exciting and lucky. Glad you have met your Dr. and a playgroup. You are so brave. I can't wait to hear more details about Taiwan! ~Rachel

Sorenson family trio said...

congratulations. How exciting. It will be great to even out the numbers.

Gina

Anonymous said...

It is always fun to read your blog and see what is new in your world. Another boy,how fun is that. I hope you keep up with your blog while you are away. This will be a great experience for you and family. Your Lucky to have such a great husband. We hope to see you while you are here. Love the pictures and you..G'ma Nona

lllllll