Monday, April 20, 2009

Elder Wilcox Returns!!!

So Tuesday night was the big night. After 2 years in Taiwan my little brother was coming home!! My whole family was excited, the kids helped make posters and were thrilled when the time had finally come. Unfortunately Justin's flight didn't get in until after 11pm and I swear those last few hours took their sweet time passing! But finally........
...Elder Wilcox appeared and as far as my immediate family goes, we were all a bit too excited in the moment to do things like, ya know, focus the camera, lol. But you get the idea. 

I was glad we had made the effort to bring the kids-  we hope the night will be a lasting memory for them. That night at my parents house after the kids were down we stayed up until 3am catching up, so brutal come 8am the next morning but so worth it.
Unfortunately Justin only had about 48 hours home before he had to head off to BYUID again which kind of seems like a cruel joke but I was happy to get what I got. It is purely coincidence that Justin served where our family will be moving, but I found myself paying close attention to details that I might not otherwise, things like how people he knew emptied 2 gallons from their de-humidifier daily...oh boy. Anyway, we got together at Ashley and Shayn's the next night, it was great to all be together.
Aly proved to be the entertainment much of the evening, but here she is eating the best dessert ever that is so sinfully good and yet dangerously bad for you, you probably shouldn't eat it unless there is a defibrillator nearby. At any rate, I may have only posted the picture because it brings back yummy memories.
The picture below- there are about 15 versions of it (none of which do I look any better than that, yikes! Would you believe me if I swore I wasn't feeling so good?) but we were all laughing so hard trying to get a pic and Aly was hamming it up- she has learned from her Aunties how to work the camera!
The Menfolk


I have no idea why everything is underlined now...must be because blogger feels what I am typing is that important. Anyway, Justin seems to be transitioning very well, granted there has hardly been time for anything else. I was impressed when day 2 his hair had started the slow transition from the Missionary hair do, thought for sure that was gonna take some time to kick :) I can't think of any way that isn't cheesy to end this post. Well, it is what it is. I love my brother and I am thrilled to have him home!

4 comments:

Peter and Jen Bell said...

I can't believe he is home already! That is so exciting. Isn't it one of the best feelings to have him back?

Kim Davis said...

What! i had no idea you guys were moving to Taiwan. Do you know for how long? Will you deliver the baby over there? What an adventure and how fun for your kids to be fully emerged in another culture.

Sarah said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so glad for the post and to see pictures of Justin. He looks great and I'm so glad he's back safe and sound!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Ok, so when and why are you moving to Taiwan?! Crazy!! But exciting too.

lllllll