Saturday, April 18, 2009

More Easter Than You Ever Wanted






This year we went to Boise for our spring break which coincided with Easter and my brother coming home from his 2 year mission in Taiwan so there was a lot we conveniently plopped ourselves in the middle of. This is the Easter montage- coloring eggs at home before we left, then on Saturday we headed over to the Jensen Easter bash and though 2 families/8 cousins were missing we were still able to have a great -though quieter- time.  
After the egg hunt we broke out the bubbles and I have to give my SIL Amber a shout out for most of these pictures, they turned out great and I had to snag 'em. With everyone blowing bubbles the backyard was quickly filled with inexplicably magical iridescent spheres (thank you for indulging me with that superfluous description... now I'm just being pedantic). 


Was it me or was pretty much everyone dressing their darlings in clothes from The Children's Place this Easter? What can I say, it was the cutest thing I could find short notice when I began to be able to peel myself off of the couch sometime between late March early April.
And I had to add these pics because growing up at my Gma Nona's house we would do this and it was so fun. Each basket is attached to a large spool of wrapping ribbon which is then unraveled all over the backyard (traditionally by the men folk) and then each child gets their spool and begins following and winding, racing to be the first to reach their Easter basket, not sure that was a very good description. At any rate, the more participants the more ribbons all over so just know that with only 3 it wasn't as impressive as it could be. It's pretty cool when a backyard is absolutely covered in bright ribbon all over.


And all this is still not including the Easter Bunnies visit Saturday morning or hearing the Easter story from our children after Sunday school, Easter dinner and on and on. Easter 2009... AWESOME. 

2 comments:

Marianne and Brad said...

erin that looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see you guys this summer

The Sorensons said...

I love the ribbon idea for Easter morning. It looks fun and your kids-especially Aly-look so big. We're moving out of our house today actually (and then fly to Peru on Friday.) Yes, I should be packing, but here I sit browsing blogs because I can't stand sorting through piles of stuff anymore! I'm sure you understand!

lllllll