Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let's Go With "Better Late Than Never"

What. So St. Patrick's day was almost a month ago. The fact that I'm blogging about it now should give you a pretty good idea of how I was feeling and then how the whole fam was feeling. Truth be told I couldn't skip this because I need a pat on the back for the Green and Shamrock filled lunch I made Kennedy and her friend Alex who came over. I was NOT feeling well that day but I pulled off a little lunch that had the girls tickled so it was almost worth the trouble.  


Next we had my 29th Birthday. Again, I was feeling like crud but Nathan had the children so excited about my birthday. On the Monday before they all "went to the park" but really went to Target so they could pick out Birthday decorations (as told by the Tinkerbell/Spiderman adornments). When they got home they were all telling me how on Wednesday (my B-day) I should take an extra long nap, "like past when Dad gets home"...in the hopes that they could then decorate and surprise me. 
Easily my favorite gifts were the cards that Nathan let each child pick out for me. Kennedy and Kohen could hardly wait for me to see what they had chosen for me/get to use the paper doll and/or Knight in shining armor stickers that came with the cards. It was too funny.


Then we had Aly's card which about brought tears to my eyes because Nathan said she was adamant about this one. And when I opened it she frantically pointed to the little girl and then the mom, "Me! You! Me!"  
I'm not sure I ever would have thought cards from a 6, 4, and 2 year old could mean so much.

11 comments:

shellydinger said...

Your St. Patricks day looks amazing! I didn't even remember it was a holiday until it was gone. I think you are doing great. Your hair looks so long in your birthday picture! I'm glad it was a good one.

Sarah said...

What a great birthday! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it with the ones who mean the most. You have such a great family!

Adam & Jetta said...

Too cute! It's a good thing kids are so cute and make the effort of getting them here worth it. Hang in there!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I just had mine and I have to say the kids' cards they made me were my absolute favorite! Chase even wrote me a poem. He CAN be a sweet boy!

Tyla Majors said...

Glad you had a good, though pregnant :), birthday - I love, love, love the cards, and your cake all lit up, and the little St. Patrick's day lunch - AND - are you growing out your hair? The half picture :) of you looked great - hope to see you soon!

Sorenson family trio said...

cute st/ Patricks day stuff. Way to go. If I was not feeling well, No way would I have done that.

The birthday cards from you children are so cute. How sweet of each of them.

Gina

Jessie said...

Erin wasn't it just yesterday we were at Cheesecake celebrating last years birthday? Man you guys need to come back for a visit! I miss you!
I wish I could help you out and I am soooo sorry your still feeling so sick! Looks like a great birthday though! Love Aly's card!!!

kristy said...

Oh Erin, it's been too long! First of all, congratulations on the pregnancy news!! although, I am SOO sorry you are so sick. You are my hero for how awful pregnancy treats you and how you still endure with a smile and make St. Patrick's Day lunches!! I am just icky uncomfortable and had playgroup at my house ON the day and did nothing but sit on my butt and watch the kids mess up my house... well, I ordered pizza but it wasn't green. And second, Happy BIRTHDAY!! Your cake, cards, breakfast... sounds wonderful. Made me excited for when my kids get a little older and out of the "life revolves around only me" stage... We sure miss you guys. I do keep up on your blog!! But just haven't posted comments due to some child always interrupting me or slobbering all over my keyboard. Hang in there, so glad you've got the Z... good stuff. Lots of love!

Corinne said...

Happy Birthday! I am so sad you are still feeling like garbage...like you want to die, probably. Keep holding on!

Anonymous said...

seriously, you are the cutest mommy ever. feeling sick and still celebrating. around here my kids are lucky, if their clothes get changed from one day to the next and more to eat than just granola bars and such...you inspire me!

love the birthday cards and decor. so fun. sure hope your sickest days are behind you. here's to a great week :>

Hannah said...

I love the cards they picked! Of course you would love stickers. And I say you deserve a big pat on the back for the st. patricks day lunches. I hope you start feeling better soon!

lllllll