Thanks to everyone who took the survey, I hate to admit it but it looks like I should have at least anticipated the possibility of an exam happening in pregnancy. I'm so glad I got to learn the hard way! I really did appreciate everyones assurances that I couldn't possibly be the most horrifying thing the OB had ever seen, it comforts me as I cry myself to sleep. ;)
Moving on. I officially despise Britney Spears. She adds nothing of value to our society. I am doubting you have heard her new song so I'm not even going to ask- but I heard them talking about it on the radio or else I don't think I ever would have put it together. The lyrics say something like, "love me, hate me, but all the boys and all the girls want to, if you seek Amy"....Here is a hint, the title of the song is "If You Seek Amy" and that phrase sounds like you are spelling a bad word followed by 'me'. I was appalled. What are we, in middle school? I mean seriously. Is Britney that desperate for attention? Obviously. But I refuse to be subjected to it. That is not "Art", it's offensive and I can't stand the fact that there are children starving all over the world and we pay Britney millions of dollars for lip syncing to trash like that. I used to actually pity her but not any more. Not when you are using your fame to spread a foul message like that.
Okay moving on from that icky tangent.... So, I don't really know why I tend to chronicle every bump and bruise my children incur on the blog but for some reason I do. Let's start with Aly. She was the latest to to fall victim to the bee's in the backyard. She was messing with them and honestly had it coming, as sad as that is. What was worse was when I went to take the stinger out of her finger, she jerked her hand away and got stuck by the stinger a second time, though this time in her thumb. Both spots were quite sore for a bit but the Baking Soda did the trick again- though Aly believes whole heartedly it was the bandaid that healed her.
Then we have Kohen, playing Hide and Seek with Kenna when he somehow slipped and fell in the bathroom where he had been running to hide and hit his head on the edge of the seat of the toilet. Full on broke the toilet, ripped the seat off the hinge (after our week of sickness the toilet was in no shape for a photo shoot...you're welcome). His forehead now looks something akin to Worf from Star Trek, poor boy. And after the whole thing with Natasha Richardson dying from a seemingly minor head injury, both Nathan and I have been keeping a close watch on Kohen, he can't sneeze without us asking if he's okay.
Anyway, Spring is officially here so I hope that everyone is enjoying it and hopefully the weather where you are is warm and rejuvenating, or at least will be sometime soon!




8 comments:
Kohen is hardcore
Okay, I'm glad you are also worried about the whole Natasha Richardson head trauma thing. I am extremely MORE worried now either of my kids "bumps" their heads. Sorry to hear about all the owies:)
You are hilarious! I love reading your blog, it always makes me laugh! I've never paid attention to Britney's song that close, I definately will now though! I agree though, she is pathetic. Loved the Star Trek (Or was is Star Wars??)picture, hope his head REALLY wasn't like that! We tried to go kite flying a couple weeks ago but didn't have enough wind, glad to see you guys were able to get them up and flying! I hope that everyone is doing great and that your pregnancy is going well!
I can't believe the damage he did to your toilet. Good times!
I wish we were having good spring weather, but it's snowed this week - three times already. Kinda sucky. But it will make me more grateful when spring does arrive here :)
I hope you have considered taking extra "accident" insurance out on that kid. Seriously Kohen. You can't be a stunt man at your age!
I seriously think Kohen and Nick would be best friends. They are living parallel lives :) - I love it!
Oh my gosh, poor thing!! And I totally and completely agree with you on the whole B.S. crap! She has issues!
probably doesn't shock you that I have spent enough time trying to figure out the meaning behind the words of the song and am still coming up empty, I actually prefer it that way so don't enlighten me...
Kohen must have a seriously hard head to do that kind of damage to the throne... glad he allright. How are you feeling? Kimi is preggo too and seems to have the eternal sickies- have yours gone away yet?
Post a Comment