
Due to my recent blah status Kohen has had to wait a while before he would get a turn going out with both Mom and Dad. The opportunity came when some people in our ward were going to a Warrior's Basketball game and could get "great seats for cheap". Nathan and I thought Kohen would love it so we tentatively bought 3 tickets and when Friday rolled around I tried to pull myself together in time to go. Our friends who were going were also bringing their son M. who happens to be Kohen's buddy. We rode out together in our van and the boys sat in the back entertaining themselves talking and laughing about spiders and sharks- we got a kick out of listening to them.

The "great seats" turned out to be the 2nd to last seats up in the nose bleeds but Kohen still seemed adequately impressed with it all so that's what matters. He enjoyed the food and spent literally all night nursing the 20 oz. soda he got, probably the highlight of his night.
When the break between the first and second quarters started Kohen was nervous thinking it was over. I explained it was a break, like a time out. He gets this confused look on his face, "but why are they in time out?"
Then the real hilarity began because a gaggle of scantily clad women trodded out onto the floor. All of a sudden our nosebleed seats were more than close enough. Kohen was watching with his mouth hanging open a bit then he says to me, without moving his eyes off the girls, "Mom, they aren't wearing any pants..." True, their shorts were more like underwear. Kohen became increasingly distressed as the routine went on asking why they didn't have pants, and as they exited, asking me if they were now going to go get their pants- and on and on. Finally when the players returned he seemed relieved. "They've got their pants on, huh?" Then about every 45 seconds he would ask me if it was time for another time out yet. After asking me several times I finally got it. "Kohen, did you like that break?" yeah, he admitted. "What was your favorite part?" he looks up at me a little coy and says, "the underwear."

During half time Kohen was sitting with Nathan and when the girls returned and he asked about the "underwear", Nathan told him they were actually shorts and that seemed to take most of the shock out of it, thankfully. Anyway, both Kohen and M. were awesome throughout the game. We were sitting so far up I'm not gonna lie,
I seemed to have the hardest time paying attention. But the boys did great. It was late when the game was done ( It was a great game, the Warriors won) so the boys were getting pretty silly and having a fun time. In the last pic perhaps you can see why M. is more than a full head taller than Kohen and only a few months older. As for me, I swear I was there, but I was kind of just trying to get through the night. But it was nice to get to spend time with our favorite little guy. He's a crack up.
7 comments:
I was shocked to see 3 or 4 posts that I had to catch up on, but found them hilarious!! Congrats on being pregnant! I loved the doctor visit, I am so sorry for the surprise exam! It's so hard to find a good doctor that compares to one that you already love. Maybe you should just move back here and get away from those who dance in public with only underwear on! :)
Kohen's stories never fail to crack me up. "Why don't they have pants?" Oh man, he's boy through and through! I'm glad you survived and hope you start to feel better soon.
dang girl. you must have a laptop :> so...i loved that you are such an amazing mom to go out with the boys. looks like they had a slamming time and i love the underwear story. i will be retelling that to will tonight. :> i love that kid. and as for your new doc - wac! i am IN love with my doc, i cry thinking of not seeing him through another pregnancy...i voted on your funny survey...if you take on the adventure to find a worthy md., i pray for you. after all it is your life :> and yay for healthy baby...
take care babe.
He is so darn cute! He's like a little mini-Nathan! Miss you guys...
I can just picture his coy smile as he says: the underwear. I could see that coming. So funny!
Hope you're not feeling too terrible :)
Love that Kohn has the same happy expression in all the pictures! He is so dang cute! Looks like a dream night for a little boy! (esp the 20 ozer!)
Oh my gosh, that is so funny about the underwear! What a cutie!
Post a Comment