That brings us to Thursday morning 3am. Kohen comes in our room not feeling well. Please no. No, no, no, no, NO!... But yes. It was all happening again just like it had with Aly. Another example of Kohen's unflappable optimism happened in the morning before school when Kennedy came in our room and discovered Kohen on our floor. As we explained he was sick she looked worried and said, "Well...I'm not sick." Totally depressed I give a doubtfull, "So far..." and Kohen chimes in cheerily from the floor, "SO GOOD." That boy...and his dad for that matter. Bless them and their optimism.
Unfortunately, Kennedy took her turn for the worse in the afternoon and Nathan joined them last night. It seems to have morphed into something a little less violent for the last two which I am grateful for. So for right now I am the last man standing and I know not when I will be struck down but I am trying to keep things functioning and take a lesson from my boys and be optimistic. It has been a long, long week but hopefully we will all be feeling better soon and able to enjoy the 75*+ weather we've been having.



6 comments:
What a nightmare, Erin. Please stay well! I think the flu is so difficult with kids Aly's age because they just don't understand. Erica practically panics when she throws up and we can't get her to take of her clothes so that we can bathe her...she always want's to keep her clothes on (yeah, that is NOT okay). I'm impressed Aly knew how to use a bowl--that is a definite plus. Hang in there!
That is the worst - but to give you hope all four of my kids had Influenza type A for 10 days (!) and I escaped unscathed... so it is possible!:) And 75 degrees? I'm wallowing in jealousy.
Sounds like the makings of a long week. Here's to a quick recovery for all of you!
I'm crossing my fingers for you Erin. The flu hit us all a little while ago and I was the only one spared. There is hope!!
There is nothing worse than throwing up. I especially feel bad when little kids get sick like that because they don't seem to understand what's happening. I'm glad you have those optimistic boys in the house. Feel better soon!
So sorry to hear the flu news. It's never fun. :( We miss you guys and LOVED chatting on the phone last night. :)
Post a Comment