Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pixie's Visit

Nathan was out of town the last two weeks and my mom (known as "Pixie" to the kids) came to the rescue for more than half of the time to pretty much take care of our household since I am largely useless these days. I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am my mom was able to come down. The kids are always excited to see any of their grandparents, Pixie was no exception.
I love this picture from our pajama party movie night one night. Everyone looks great and then we have Aly giving us the best "duh-har" face ever. It totally reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes when Calvin's dad is trying to get a good picture of him for the Christmas cards and every time the camera snaps he makes a face, it's one of my all time favorites. 
While Pixie was here the children were quite well fed with balanced meals vs. what they get when I'm on my own these days- yogurt and a string cheese- cuz we all know that's a highly balanced meal (two dairy's and a lot of sugar= lunch the pediatrician would be proud of). 
There was lot's of playing of course which I documented all from the comfort of my well used spot on the couch. Pixie spent time in the backyard with the kids, even jumping on the trampoline with them. Who could've foreseen the unfortunate side effect that now my children think I should always be jumping with them.
And as always there were several dance parties where all participated (I was photographer) and lot's of pretend play etc.
*One day Kennedy solemnly says to my mom:
"Pixie, I have a really hard question for you...Did Jesus make Santa Clause?"
(lol, great question Kenna)
My mom did all the cooking, dishes, laundry, and cleaning the entire time she was here which was such a burden lifted from me, I can't even tell you. But she also felt sorry for me every time I got sick which was sweet. Poor Nathan, after multiple pregnancies and literally about a thousand times I've thrown up, he's kind of become numb to that aspect. You can't hardly blame him you know, it's hard to have something like that become absolutely common place and still react to it every time- even I don't do that. So anyway, it was nice to have my mom be my mom and feel sorry for me and take care of me. I was sad for a dozen reasons when she left. 
This is a pic of the only time we all went out. I couldn't let my mom visit without going out once, so I sucked it up and we went to CPK for dinner. I think they had a nice time which is what counts. Thanks for coming Mom, I love ya!

PS.- Thanks for all of the hilarious comments about the Birthday List, I seriously laughed my head off reading them. Thanks for reassuring me that in this area, at least, I am not crazy. And for the record, Kennedy had to decline the invitation. We will be busy that Saturday...I am sure. :)

3 comments:

hf said...

You mom is so cute and so nice to come take care of you!

I laughed at the thought of Nathan reacting each time you threw up. I know the guys get desensitized, so it is nice to have that additional concern.

Sheila said...

Yeah for moms! It is so nice to have someone come to your rescue!

Anonymous said...

Mom's are the best. I am so glad you got yours for a while. I still want my mommy when I get sick! Tara

lllllll