Friday, April 17, 2009

A hundred and a hundred!

I am still in Boise- and obviously lot's has been going but while I have just a second I have to report that Aly has had potty training success!!!! Starting conference weekend when Nathan was available we began with Aly. It took all week but by Thursday when we flew to Boise and had a 2 hour delay at the airport -ugh- she did great. Nathan and I were panic stricken when on our flight we went to take Aly to the restroom and she flat out REFUSED to use that "stinky" potty that "has no water in it!" But defying the odds she made it through all of our travels dry as can be. This is especially impressive when we were previously taking her to the restroom every half hour. Let me just share one thing. The other two did not stay dry immediately at night when they were training, but Aly sleeps 12 hour nights and will be completely dry in the morning! I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!!!!! It is super cute (to Aly's parents anyway) when she opens the flood gates in the morning after those 12 hours and she excitedly shouts "A hundred and a hundred!!!" There certainly is a lot- I have serious bladder envy.
So here is the deal, we have been in Boise on our spring break and my brother Justin came home from his 2 yr mission to Taiwan for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this week which was amazing!!! I will be able to blog properly about it when I get home to my laptop, Nathan's is killing me. For now though, let's follow Aly's example as she would demand we "BE EXCITED" when she would successfully use the potty. That or, "CLAP FOR ALY!!!"- which at this point I feel is well deserved. That's my girl.

4 comments:

Dwayne Ellis said...

I have potty training envy!!!! Abi trys to "hide" her panties so I don't try to put them on her! But needless to say, I am so happy for you!

shellydinger said...

I'm SO EXCITED for Aly!! (and you guys), but I have to say I am more excited to get an update. I miss knowing what you guys are up to (and your humor). I can't wait to see pictures of Justin!

Sarah said...

Hooray Aly! You're such a big girl!

Can't wait to see the posts of Justin and your great trip to Boise!

Hannah said...

Hooray! I can relate to the "floodgates" opening with Erica as well...though we still have to encourage her on to the potty all of the time. Otherwise she forgets. Enjoy a few months diaper free!!

lllllll