What's the first thing I did when we landed in a U.S. airport you may ask? Buy some decent gum.
We arrived in Boise SO excited to meet family. The grandparents all fawned over him and snuggled him up, that alone made the trip worth while.
As far as jetlag goes, it took Ander the better part of the first week to flip his schedule but we managed. I find you can really put up with a lot when you only have one child to deal with. Such information might have been helpful about, mmm, 3 kids ago.
One morning Ander and I met up with his Aunt Tara and new cousin London Sophia (she's 1 month younger than him) at Gpa Norm's work at Well's Fargo to let him show off his newest grandbabies. These two babies make #'s 19 and 20 for Bonnie and Norm. Norm also validated me when after carrying Ander around the office for a while he handed him off cuz his arm was pooped out. This kid is heavy!
Papa John was working nights half of the time we were there so he and Ander were on similar crummy sleep schedules.
Getting to meet his Great Grandma and Grandpa Cheney was definitely a highlight of the trip for me. There is something special when you see gaps of generations close in one simple meeting.
Funny story. My BIL Shayn was playing with Ander- he had him smiling, cooing and doing squats as Ander would stand until he couldn't anymore then he would sit down on his legs. Did I mention Ander hadn't pooed in a week? Yeah. And it turns out helping a baby do squats for 10 minutes also helps them do something else. He slimed Shayn good- he actually required a shower. But Shayner is a good sport and didn't miss a beat hanging out with his new nephew every time he got the chance. As you can see below, he even found the magic position to settle down the little guy with a combination football hold slash covering his face - two of his favorite things.

Little London and Ander out to lunch with their grandpa and grandma- they slept like babies...imagine that.
Aunt Natalie even flew in from out of town to meet this little guy. She and Ashley watched the babe one morning and they sent me off for a massage where I discovered it had been WAY too long since I had had one. I mean seriously, when I am ready to have the masseuse written into our Will after only 15 minutes, I think it speaks to how much I enjoyed and needed it. Thanks Seeesters.
This is some of the classic nonsense that endears my children to their Aunties. Here are Ashley and Natalie singing "Ring of Fire" to a much entertained Ander.
My little sister Ashley has an eye for decorating and could literally be a professional bargain shopper. I stink at decorating and shopping anywhere but Target and even then when it comes to clothes I often fail. But Ash knows how to work stores like Ross and Marshalls (places I literally avoid like the plague) and I would arrive to find her with a cart full of clothes all ready for me to try on. I can't even think of the words to write for how grateful I am to her for doing my least favorite part of shopping for me.
One morning Ander and I met up with his Aunt Tara and new cousin London Sophia (she's 1 month younger than him) at Gpa Norm's work at Well's Fargo to let him show off his newest grandbabies. These two babies make #'s 19 and 20 for Bonnie and Norm. Norm also validated me when after carrying Ander around the office for a while he handed him off cuz his arm was pooped out. This kid is heavy!My little brother came into town from college both weekends which was great and I also got to spend an evening out with my SILs and MIL which went by way too quickly. One of the things I miss most about living near by is all of the sharing, advice and encouragement I get from these girls. I did also get to go watch favorite tv shows at my SIL's house a few nights, it was just so fun and such a treat to have the freedom to go when and where I wanted to.
Anyway, I know this post is just a bunch of pictures of family members holding Ander but the fact is, if we'd lived in the states you would have seen these pics spread out over the first few days and weeks of his life, instead we packed it all into one trip. Ander did see the Dr. and all is well, details in a post to come.



2 comments:
Aww, looks like fun and much needed trip! So glad you were able to go. Glad you got some R & R too!
You look sooooo much like your mom! How fun to be home with your family! Your sisters are both gorgeous and Ashley and I could be bff's shopping at Marshall's together!
Post a Comment