I finally changed the name of the blog. Don't worry though, I will not be changing the actual address- not that you ever look at the address anymore since it's obviously in your 'favorites' anyway, right? right? I started thinking about what to change it to pretty much the minute I saw the second line on that fateful stick and knew we would soon be tucking in more than three.
For a time I thought I could get by on a technicality. Certainly we consider Kenna able to tuck herself in and we just kiss her goodnight, but that seemed like a bit of a mouthful as far as titles go. Then I ran a preliminary title by Nathan. He loved it and promptly started telling people without my express written consent and my BIL Mike immediately shut it down saying it wasn't up to par. Ouch. Sometimes the truth hurts.
I kept at it and after gathering courage I previewed the new one to a select few and the response has been positive. I would like to disclaim that you can only write a title in caps which takes away from the 'four', people might just think I don't spell check but oh well. I bet you never knew someone who took so much time dithering over a silly title. Now after all this palaver if you don't like the change, please lie.

Speaking of adventures, Nathan found this restaurant that is completely decked out in dinosaur bones and he was really excited to take the kids. One night we had to make an unexpected trip downtown after Ander's resident card came to us with his name misspelled mere days before we were to leave for the states- so since we were near we stopped by for dinner.

The place is thoroughly decorated with no detail overlooked. Claws hang from the ceiling holding the lighting, bridges over water with Koi swimming around below and huge pretend fossils everywhere you look. Even the table and chairs go with the theme.

The kids thought it was fantastic- especially the part where like most places here there is no attention paid to safety of things that would certainly result in a lawsuit in the states. Like the bridge below where some of the 'rib' bones that were supposed to keep my kids from falling in the water had broken and left even bigger gaping holes giving you a clear path into the water. Maybe they just don't have the money to fix it. That is plausible since we were literally the only patrons that evening. And maybe that is because their menu leaves something to be desired. And by 'something' I mean everything.

But the ambiance was definitely unique and fun once you forget the danger lurking at every turn for 3 curious little ones. They had a fun time exploring and even dancing to their hearts content since there was no one else around to disturb. Overall the place gets a thumbs up, though I think if they served pizza they would've won me over completely.
6 comments:
I noticed the new title right away and thought, "how clever." I have to admit a brief blonde moment before I really got it. haha. I think it's a keeper.
I love it again- sorry for my opinionated husband- he just loves you so much and wants to push you to excellence! It was so much fun having you here, Survivor will not be the same without you this week!
The title is great. The restaurant is equally cool, safety hazards and all.
Love the name....it is very clever!
What a fantastic place! I'm sorry the food wasn't better. Also, the new name is killer. Don't change it . . .unless you have another addition and therefore have to. ;)
That is a cool looking restaurant Erin...what kind of food do the kids eat there anyway? Hope your trip to Boise was good....Love the name too....you are going to be the best mom at thinking of clever ways for your kids to ask someone to a dance... :) or do they only do that in UT?
Post a Comment