Friday, November 6, 2009

A Warm Up

A week or so ago Nathan got up insanely early (I only get up that early when a little baby's nourishment depends on it and I can go back to sleep) to go and run Nike Human Race in Taipei. Nathan ran the 10k and rocked it as usual. However, he did commit "Spouse of a Blogger" Offense numero uno: No camera. No camera = no pictures = lame post. So since Nathan is a wise and clever husband he managed to find a picture of the crowds of runners at the starting line. He had described it as "a sea of people all wearing red, SO COOL!" And now we even have the picture to back it up. You can actually see Nathan about half way up the picture to the left!



Okay, that's a lie. You can't see him.
Anyway, tomorrow morning (your Fri. night) Nathans going to go and run the Toroko Marathon and unfortunately I won't be able to go and cheer him on. I was hoping this post might elicit some well wishes for him since he'll be on his own which is a bummer. Nathan promises to run with a camera this time because the Toroko gorge is breathtaking and because he's a quick learner. Good luck babe!!!

9 comments:

Jetta said...

Good luck Nathan!!! The gorge is amazing, is there a lot of elevation change in this run? You're gonna kick butt.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Nathan! You're amazing.
Erin - your blog was positioned just so... that when you said you could see him I was trying and unsuccessful, then I scrolled down and felt like such a sucker.
~Rachel

The Crowley's said...

I fell for it. you totally had me looking for my blond haired brother!

Rosemary said...

Go Nathan Go! That would be totally fun to chase him from cars and subways like we did in DC :) As he did all the running! I wanted to make the picture bigger so I could find Nathan's blonde hair. I did believe it was possible. I mean really we lived that life in the sea of sameness so I could always find my blonde headed kids and giant husband!

Sarah said...

AWESOME! I can't wait to see the pictures from the big race. Good luck Nathan!

Bonnie said...

Good Luck Nathan! I also wish we could be there to cheer you on like we did in DC. I have no doubt that you will do a great job. We will be anxious to see the pictures and hear all about it. I will have to admit I have to add my name to the sucker list. I was even sure I could see him! We are so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Nice going Erin! I was really looking hard...you are soo bad...

Have fun Nathan !!




Dad.........

hf said...

Running a marathon with a camera in hand? How does that work? Good luck - can't wait to hear (and see) how everything went!! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for you to run this race. I can't wait to see your pictures. Hope you are not too out of breath to snap a few. Yeah Erin you got me too, very funny. Can't wait for Sunday!!! Norm already put dibs on us to come see him at work on tuesday or thursday. He wants to show off his newest grandchildren! Tara

lllllll