A flurry of calls ensued - Me to Nathan- Nathan to Realtor- Realtor to Landlord- Landlord to Lazy Workers- The Lazy Workers (coined such by our Landlord and the only PG name of many he gave them) started swearing and pulling up the conspicuous tiles, smoking like chimneys all the while. They packed up and left and it was gloriously quiet for a few days. *bird chirp*
Then one tranquil afternoon the (!!!!!!)jack(!!!!!!!)hammering(!!!!!!) started(!!!!!!)again (!!!!!!)and(!!!!!!)waxed(!!!!!!)annoying(!!!!!!) Apparently we were getting new tile on our whole front porch rather than 10% of it. Great.
Having so much noise and mess hasn't gone unnoticed by our children. ^This is Ander's impression of the Lazy Porch Workers.
And this is Ander showing those fools how it's done! I give you: The face of motivation- no translation required. This kid is rolling, sitting, crawling, and just plain showing off by pulling himself up (albeit wobbily) on anything he can get his hands on. At the rate he's going he might figure out how to finish the porch before the other guys do.



6 comments:
What has happened to your little baby? If you figure out how to slow it all down, let me know! Love you
Well, at any rate the have finished. I just wonder what will be next that needs some Taiwanes hokey repair? Your turtle ate that plant you bought @ the flower market... : (
-Justin
PS- How goes the debate with the chap about the slide???
Great story, Erin! Don't you just want to punch someone with that constant noise outside your windows?? Hey, I want to make Nathan's salmon pasta he made for us way back when-- could you pass on the recipe??
Ander looks like a mini kohen, am I close at all on this?
Seriously I can't believe Ander is big enough to hold himself up! Gotta love the jackhammer noise! Post a pic of the finished walkway!
Oh Erin, I know exactly how you feel!!! We had a big problem with our cement walls and it began 2 weeks of workers jack hammering through the cement in every room in our house. The dust, noise, and chaos was awful!!! So you have my complete sympathy...especially when it comes to lazy workers! I hope the job ends up okay...and ends soon!
Post a Comment