As I've reported Ander is on the move. I am glad I snugged him up as much as possible while I could because he is way too busy these days to be bothered with such idleness. Even when he is strapped securely into his high chair while the rest of us whirl around him going about our day, you can see it in his eyes that he is sitting there solving the Yang-Mills existence and mass gap. That or plotting his escape a la Basil of the Great Mouse Detective.
Quick Story: I recently tried to trick him into eating my freshly pureed green beans by giving him bites of his favorite sweet potatoes in between. That worked for about 3 bites until he started straining to see over the edge of his chair to check which food I was putting on his spoon. Seeing he was on to me I reverted to several bites of sweet potatoes before slipping him another bite of greens- as he realized what I'd done he just burst into tears! I felt SO bad! Of course I ditched the beans at that point and stuffed him full of sweet potatoes. Teaching him to "eat his feelings" young you know.
In an effort to share some proof of mobility I video'd him ejecting himself from his car seat like he does the instant the bottom buckle unsnaps. It's about half of the time his arm will get stuck like it does here, and though I helped him it normally doesn't take him very long to escape on his own. But to to expedite the process, I helped okay?
This short video you will probably have to watch twice. Why? Well, you'll realize at the end that you got distracted and missed what I told you to watch for, which is Ander pulling himself up and standing around like it ain't no thang.
It's also a video that proves my life is a lot like the people who say they have "voices in their head" except the voices all over in my life are decidedly out of my head, making me literally out of my mind- (aka: the Jensen Insanity Theory, solved in 2006, proved daily. No monetary reward has ever been given.)
Anyway, enjoy.



9 comments:
I thought you said that YOU burst into tears instead of him...had to do a double take. He's so sweet! The inevitable has arrived, the mobility and loss of interest in snuggling :(
I love your narrators! They are so funny - I can't believe how big they are getting!
I love your kids and I am so excited you have you guys come this summer!!
I can't believe all that he is doing! He is only one month older than London. I have to admit it makes me sad. They grow up way too fast. Just let them snuggle me a bit longer!
NO DOUBT, this kid is a child prodigy!!
Mike
Oh my word he is a strong little bugger! Love seeing the videos!
Yes, I have voices out of my head too, which can drive me out of my mind! And look at Ander go! I am way impressed. How could any mother try to feed that child green beans??? ;) jk. We all try...and I may still try your sneaky method even though it ended in tears. What a sweet baby!
Anderson does the same thing, but not with green beans. He peeks to make sure I'm not giving him oatmeal. I also think I've OD'd him on Cheerios because he doesn't eat them anymore, he just throws them and that is fun for the whole family.
So cute!
I can't believe how big he's getting. I've missed sooo much! He is adorable. You definately have your hands full now. :)
Post a Comment