Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rant Canceled. I'm Too Tired.

Kohen literally refuses to wait for Ander to get bigger so he can play with him. I would rescue Ander more often except that he pretty much loves it.
The Fount of all Sass, both cute and naughty.

This is how I found Ander after a drive-by-dress-up from his brother.

Needless to say, there will never be Gak in the house again. In case you're wondering it took 45 minutes and quite a bit of Goo Gone to fix this debacle. And I still have no clear answer as to how Kennedy got the gunk in her hair in the first place.

After all of the random pictures I have here I was planning on writing a whole rant on how our kids have turned into Holy Terrors in the last few weeks, but I find my resolve slipping away with the minutes until my bedtime. Suffice it to say that Nathan and I have both found our selves saying shouting things at our children that we distinctly remember our parents saying to us in impotent frustration.
In an effort not to be a total Debbie Downer I won't begin to list all of the recent offenses, there are too many to list anyway. But it kinda gets me down when my job right now is being a mother, and it's obvious I'm sucking at it. Sorry, I shouldn't write the "S" word, we don't say that at our house. And I suppose somebody should be following the rules. Anyway, don't cry for me Argentina, it's just one of those days, weeks, months.

9 comments:

hf said...

It sounds like one of those days, er - weeks...months where you throw up your hands and say: I surrender! Here's my white flag, you win.

But you are a good mom, don't forget it. I can see it in the pictures you take, and in the patience it takes to comb gak out of hair!

The Crowley's said...

i was thinking of you last night when I thought about having 4 kids. I think 3 is good right now for us. thanks for the good reminder. Ander is so dang cute and you probably have the same issue I have with davis- they want to play with the kids but destroys everything! Hang in there, it always makes other moms feel better when they are not alone in the craziness.

Heather said...

You are awesome. Your kids are great. Really. Its gonna be ok. (Please send this back to me tomorrow when I need to hear it again myself :)

Kay said...

Love the pictures of the kids and am still laughing at the drive-by dress-up picture. Sorry to hear about the terror children. If it makes you feel better Liz is giving me a horrific time and I often find myself silently screaming into pillows so I don't accidently ya know punish her real bad. Good luck! Hopefully it is a short phase.

Jessie said...

Oh Erin welcome to my world! you are such a great mom....we all have those days...weeks....months! :) Very cute pictures!

Tara Pugmire said...

Sometimes we forget that your life is normal and that your kids are normal too. You are far away and we don't get to see the kids in action, we only see them in print and they seem purdy darn good to me, better than mine for sure. So I guess they are normal after all. Hang in there sister you are our inspiration! By the way what the heck is gack used for anyway?

Ky"sa" said...

What in the world was in Kennedy's hair? Did you ever figure out what it was? It looked very mysterious. AND . . . you are a GREAT mom, Erin. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's good to hear that we all have those kind of days, weeks, months. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

We all suck at this mothering thing sometimes....good thing we have suck cute kids to make it worth it :)

Hannah said...

Yes, I can relate to that feeling...and I'm sure it will only get worse as I add MORE kids to the mix. Funny you should mention the yelling--I always told myself I would never yell. Funny joke! I don't think I ever understood the meaning of patience until I was a mother, and I definitely still don't have it down. Anyway, I can vouch that you are an awesome mom and definitely do not suck!

lllllll