Well, it's official. I'm one year older. I remain doubtful about the 'wiser' part.
Cakes in Taiwan are beautiful. They are decorated with no detail overlooked. But they taste like... well, more like bread actually. It is one of the great Chinese cruelties from a Yankee's point of view. Where we use Cups of Sugar, they are using Tablespoons. It makes beautiful looking cookies and doughnuts really, REALLY disappointing.
This year Kohen had a great idea though, he suggested Nathan make me one of his Dutch Oven Cobblers for my birthday cake. Completely selfless intentions on Kohen's part I'm sure. But, it was a great idea either way.
Sooo we got to share the best cobbler ever- apple, if you want to be specific with what you drool over.
It was so tasty that it was a darn good thing there was enough to share!
(In case your thinking I hit that magical age where I suddenly let everything go, that's not quite the case. The pj's and au' natural look were courtesy of me feeling a bit under the weather. Nothing a little cobbler couldn't overcome. Sorry, my self esteem just turned a year older and demanded this disclaimer.)



10 comments:
Happy Birthday Erin! That cobbler looked amazing. Hope you are feeling better these days.
Happy Birthday! Feeling sick on your birthday is super lame, but looks like you kicked it enough to have a good one. I have to go make some cobbler now...
Mmmmmm. Cobbler! I want some without the effort though.
Happy birthday! miss you tons!
It sounds like we need to have a birthday party for you this summer with sugary cake and all!! I'm glad you made the best of it and sorry you weren't feeling well. Your kids love you sooo much. I love it! Miss you!
Happy Birthday EJ! We will make you a huge delicious cake when you get here :)
Happy Birthday Erin! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well on your big day.
I hope you were able to enjoy some of that cobbler. Cobbler is better than cake in my book.
Mmmm that looks delicious. I think Kohen is pure genius coming up with that idea!! It also makes me think of all the times we talked about Nathan making cobbler for the Rowlands aaaand I don't think it happened. Hmmm. At least I got to see pictures though. :) Happy birthday, my friend! I'm glad you had a good one!
Birthdays just aren't what they use to be are they? Cobbler looks yummo!!!
You look good without make-up...I find that annoying;)And the ring! I forgot about the ring! Gorgeous. Don't you love that shirt? I just wore mine last week...
feel bad I missed your b-day. I hope you felt special and loved.
Tara
Post a Comment