Update from last post: Today when Kennedy got out of the car for school the little girl who had her party last friday was getting out of hers and the first words out of Kennedy's mouth to her were a sincere, "How was your birthday!!". As I drove away I was so proud of her. I never told her to do that, but I was so impressed that she did. Sweet girl...
Okay, two funny things that cracked up Nathan and I lately.
1. One of Kohen's responsibilities every morning is that he takes out a bag of diapers to the garbage in the garage. The other morning the kids and I were all going downstairs together to leave. Kohen was carrying his usual bag-o-diapers and on our way out when I saw another bag with a few diapers in it (no idea where it came from or where my perfect diaper disposal system broke down but I am guessing it started with my 3 yr old) I handed it to a willing Kennedy to carry down. Kohen turns to Kennedy and excitedly says, "you have a bag too?! Let's do a 'cheers'!" and so right there on the stairs my cuties -who have always been big fans of 'cheers!' at the dinner table for some reason- happily did a 'cheers!' with their bag-o-diapers. Boy is that ever Nathan's ridiculously positive attitude shining through in his son, I love it.
I didn't realize both of these had to do with chores, it sounds like we are doing them all of the time, but if you could only see through the computer right now at the mess that is our home...I swear, every item we own is out of it's place and lingering on any available surface...Serenity Now!
#2. Saturday I was working in the kitchen while the older two were doing their Sat. chores. I had swept up a pile in the kitchen and it is Kohen's job to vacuum it up. When Kennedy got out the dust buster she walked by the pile and without saying anything she vacuumed it up. When I went upstairs a few minutes later I told her how proud I was that she did that for Kohen just to be nice. Thinking of a line we like from the movie Robots I said, "It's like 'See a need, Fill a need' and that's exactly what you did, thank you." and Kennedy says, "Well, 'See a need Fill a need' is from Robots. I like to just call it 'service'."



6 comments:
I like to just call it service too. :) I love how quick and witty your kids are! What a great mom they have.
Your kids are absolute angels. I just want to hug them!
"I like to just call it service"...that is too funny. She is such a smarty pants it cracks me up. I really think you need to post video of the Cheers. Sounds to great to be missed.
When my kids do the 'cheers' they call it 'match' because they are matching...I guess?
I used a swiffer vacume just yesterday and it did awesome - I'm talking Cheerios and all!! I might need to get one.
Your kids crack me up! They are very witty, and it sounds like they are fairly helpful too :)
Seriously I am so glad you write this stuff down!!!
Well, she told you! When Tread got a lesson on service, he tried to provide "service" to his parents by walking himself home from church. We were frantically looking all over for him when his teacher came running into the building saying, "Tread crossed the street and is walking down the block!" What a kid...
Post a Comment